Do not meddle.gblorb

"Do Not Meddle"

by Teaspoon profile

Adaptation

Will you be one of the naughty, meddling boys, or the good one who obeys the dictum "DO NOT MEDDLE"?

Done largely as an exercise in third-person coding, this is a verbose adaptation of a 19th century Moral Fable for Children (borrowed from a McGuffey's Reader, in fact).

First Publication Date: February 13, 2016
License: Public Domain
IFID: 27ED83CE-59BA-42B6-B840-CE1F8A821D3D
TUID: tko6kw6k2cirz9y7

A Promising Begining, February 6, 2017
A nicely written, warm up story. An exercise for both the reader and writer. It is rather short but it allows for some poking around. It might have been a better idea to have the interactor/player warp back to the room, instead of having to restart. And have some sort of counter that would say "And then there were only 3 little boys left in the room."

Hopefully the author will expand on the story. Not a lot, just a tad more.

Nice introduction but..., July 9, 2017
that's about it. There was very little to do and if it wasn't so painfully short, you would get bored of it very quickly (mind you, neither there being little to do nor the story being short in length are good things). I played through a handful of times thinking "that can't be the end! I must have missed something!" but this was hopeful thinking. Each play through lasted a matter of a minute or two, and when I realized I could just wait for about 30 in-game minutes and end the game (which, as you'd imagine, only took a few seconds) that pretty much ruined any chance of me playing this again even if it were expanded upon in the future. Though the game's intro was better written than my review is, I spent more time writing this than playing several play-throughs of the game, and that's just disappointing...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Teaspoon on 8 March 2016 at 7:02am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item