.Game files, on the ifarchive.
As entered into ifcomp 2019.

Río Alto: Forgotten Memories

by Ambrosio

Detective

Luis couldn't stop reliving that day, the very same day he decided to dig into Felisa's silences, into Juana's sadness, into Marta's lies, into Mr. Eustaquio's cowardice... into his own troubled life.

What could be worse than forgetting your own memories? Remember them again.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2019
License: Commercial
TUID: tesp53j4dq3eqrkr

35th Place - 25th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2019)

A text novel in older Latin America with an interesting graphical interface, October 9, 2019
Related reviews: about 2 hours
I played this game through to a death after about 30 minutes.

You play a man who has recently moved to a small town with wells, town doctors, taverns, etc.

The interface is wild. On the left is an illustrated book, with lines in slow typewriter text appearing as you make choices. You have three categories of 'inventory': thoughts, places, and things. These appear in the lower right.

The upper right contains the contents of your current location.

Actions are done by dragging inventory onto each other.

It's a good mechanic. It's slow, though, as is the typewriter text. And the game is long. And I couldn't find any way to save, and there are insta-deaths.

So I'm going to keep my rating and review as it is and maybe one day revisit this game. A save feature would help a lot!

If you enjoyed Río Alto: Forgotten Memories...

People who like Río Alto: Forgotten Memories also gave high ratings to these games:

Human Errors, by Katherine Morayati
A contractor assigned to handle bug reports for a wearable mood-regulation device becomes unwitting witness to trauma and crime.

Kidnapped! A Royal Birthday, by Charles Battersby
Average member rating: (1 rating)
Escape your captors…and endure your rescuers, but don't be late to the ball! When you are kidnapped, you must take charge of your rescue, and reclaim your rightful throne. Kidnapped! A Royal Birthday is a 158,000-word interactive comedy...

It, by Emily Boegheim
"The rules of the game are easy. I'm It, so I go and hide. You and the others count to 50, then you have to look for me. If you find me, you have to get into the hiding spot with me. If you're the last person still looking for me, then...

The following polls include votes for Río Alto: Forgotten Memories:

For your consideration: XYZZY-eligible Best Overall NPCs of 2019 by MathBrush
This is for suggesting games released in 2019 which you think might be worth considering for Best NPCs in the XYZZY awards. This is not a zeroth-round nomination.This is not an official list. The point of poll is partly to suggest games...

For your consideration: XYZZY-eligible Best Use of Multimedia of 2019 by MathBrush
This is for suggesting games released in 2019 which you think might be worth considering for Best Use of Multimedia in the XYZZY awards. This is not a zeroth-round nomination.This is not an official list. The point of poll is partly to...

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Zape on 28 July 2020 at 8:16am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item