Be There!

by William Dooling profile

"I will be honest: I am disappointed by how this was handled. There is still some chance to fix this, we have a meeting with the client at 1:45 today, in the Starbucks at the IDS center. BE THERE!"

First Publication Date: October 31, 2019
Development System: ADRIFT
TUID: swauyxdv5y5bag3t

6th Place, La Petite Mort - ECTOCOMP 2019

A SpeedIF ADRIFT game made in 4 hours. Make your meeting, or explore a city, November 26, 2019
This game has a lot of good writing and layout, but it suffers from the 4 hour time limit. Very few actions are implemented, even ones close to correct. ADRIFT is especially poor at using responses to incorrect commands to guide the player toward correct commands, and this is no exception. Even consulting those who've won, I haven't been able to complete it, only getting to the (Spoiler - click to show)Runic Doorway in the icy plains while holding the book and wearing the costume. Then I'm stuck.

I enjoyed the writing, but much of the game is difficult to discover. Well-done for a speed-IF, though.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by MathBrush on 26 November 2019 at 11:07am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item