The Missing Ring

by Felicity Drake profile

Mystery

Sadie Goldberg-Lawson is celebrating Christmas with her whole dysfunctional family at her Gran's house in Vermont. When Gran's heirloom diamond ring goes missing, can Sadie solve the mystery of the missing ring before her family self-destructs?

First Publication Date: April 4, 2019
TUID: sssjfr72s4uql5w1

Best in Show; Audience Choice--Best Twine Implementation, Best Story, Best Characters, Main Festival - Spring Thing 2019

Great twine mystery in an old house, April 19, 2019
I really enjoyed this game in Introcomp, and the finished version is even better.

This isn't a grandiose or intense game. This game is just like an Agatha Christie story, with great attention to psychology and detail.

It manages to have a lot of material you have to plow through without feeling too much like lawnmowering. The author has a lot of context-sensitive programming with inventory-based puzzles, and that's what gives this game a good 'choice feel', if that's even a phrase.

You are at a hectic Christmas Eve dinner and Grandma's ring turns up stolen. It's your job to track down the culprit before the police have to be called.

Overall, this was my favorite Spring Thing game. Well done.

If you enjoyed The Missing Ring...

People who like The Missing Ring also gave high ratings to these games:

Truck Quest, by Donald Conrad and Peter M.J. Gross
You only need one low-budget truck (and one high-interest loan) to start your own delivery service. Itíll be an adventure, hauling military-grade narcotics to the megachurches of Bean Station and driving flammable poultry to the casinos...

My Evil Twin, by Carl Muckenhoupt
After last night's all-nighter (I had an important report to do for work), I intended to sleep all through the day. But I can't afford to do that. Somewhere out there, my evil twin is plying his schemes, and I'm the only one who can stop...

Quite Queer Night Near, by Andrew Schultz
Average member rating: (1 rating)
Quite Queer Night Near is a text adventure where you need to escape a small silly nightmare by finding the right rhyming pairs to advance. How will you get beyond the bare bones stair stones and find your freedom? The game is not...

The Missing Ring appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Detective and mystery games by MathBrush
These are games where you play a detective or someone else investigating a mystery. Most of them are realistic games which I am splitting off of my realistic list. Some are more magical or science fi-ish.

The following polls include votes for The Missing Ring:

Your Favorite/Best Twine Games by thecanvasrose
1. Please leave a description with your vote and tell me what the game is/why you like it/etc. 2. Free to play games preferred. 3. I'm interested to see what's new or less well known.

This is version 4 of this page, edited by dgtziea on 8 November 2019 at 1:45am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item