The Challenge

by ViRALiTY

First Publication Date: September 29, 2013
Development System: Custom
TUID: snlb16yj8k3lsrf8

34th Place - 19th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2013)

A simple CYOA with now-gone graphics, June 26, 2019
I played the archive.org version of this game, which now lacks the original graphics, which I understand were simple 3D graphics.

All that's left is the choice structure, which is meager. You are in a 3d area, and you can turn left and right and go up stairs. I played another game recently using Unity that had similar mechanics, but I can't find it now. (Maybe from Introcomp 2019?)

The game ends after a few moves. Pretty disappointing.

Incomplete tech demo., November 17, 2015
by Wade Clarke (Sydney, Australia)
Related reviews: IFComp 2013
(This is an edited version of a review I originally wrote for my 2013 IFComp blog.)

The Challenge is a one and a half room demo with graphics which are stills from a simple 3-D modelling exercise. You can turn to face in different directions. There's a knife. And that's about it. If IFComp had a qualifying round, The Challenge would have been eliminated at that stage because the competition is not a venue for incomplete tech demos.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by genericgeekgirl on 1 October 2013 at 9:29pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item