dunjin45.zip
MS-DOS Application (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)
Dunjin44.cpt.hqx
Mac OS Application (Encoded in Macintosh Bin/Hex format.)
dunjin43.sol

1991

License: Former shareware
Development System: Pascal
TUID: rttyslxbpsicwjyc

Another treasure hunt in a cave, albeit a rather polished one. Your ultimate goal is the Holy Grail, although other treasures improve your score. Limited multi-word parser. Built-in hints. Has a small maze. Most puzzles are fairly straightforward and mechanical. The Mac version has an enhanced user interface.

-- Carl Muckenhoupt

The game as a whole is very enjoyable. You'll quickly discover that the "Dungeon" is not merely a series of dank chambers beneath the surface, but rather a very large and vast world containing everything from dragons to dwarves and even computer hackers (I hope you can handle it). One very interesting idea in the game is that magic works within the "fantastic" regions, inside the dungeon, but not in the "mundane" regions, and objects behave accordingly depending on where you are. (Molley the Mage)

On the whole, then, this is a diverting (and lengthy) romp through a rather diverse dungeon; it deals a bit too heavily in fantasy conventions, particularly toward the end, to appeal to the player who genuinely dislikes fantasy, but for those who enjoy the genre and like seeing it sent up in some fairly clever ways, Dunjin is worth checking out. (Duncan Stevens)

When I first started playing I got the impression that the puzzles were going to be a bit easy. I was sure that I could have figured out that I could use the cage to hold the cat, without being told that there were some cat hairs caught in the cage door. Thankfully such heavy handed pointers were rare, and I feel that there is enough work to be done in this game to test even the most experienced player. I will openly acknowledge that I got completely stuck at one point and tried frantically to get a hint from a number of sources.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Edward Lacey on 7 March 2013 at 4:06pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item