The McFarlane Job

by Jason McIntosh profile

Caper

The McFarlane Job is a new, short interactive caper story. It is built with Massively, a new platform for creating and distributing games and other interactive text works that resemble SMS conversations:

To play the game, download Massively onto your iOS or Android device, create an account (or log in via Facebook), and then search the in-app store for "McFarlane Job". Every step of this process is free -- enjoy!

Thanks to Katherine Morayati for QA, and House of Cool's Dylan McFadyen for additional development. I would of course sincerely welcome additional feedback or bug reports.

If you find yourself curious about Massively's creation tools, point your browser (preferably Chrome) at

The authorship tool is entirely web-based, and that site includes documentation and tutorial videos.

First Publication Date: March 19, 2015
Development System: Massively
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
TUID: rpsuploqchsk6om8

The Gameshelf
Introduction from the author
"Keeping to the pattern of IF I have written before, this game is quite short, so I shall say no more about the story. I shall instead say that it benefitted from Katherine Morayati’s expert QA, and enjoyed additional development by House of Cool’s Dylan McFadyen. I would very much welcome bug reports and other feedback!"

This is version 2 of this page, edited by magic sympathy on 16 June 2015 at 5:06pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item