lardo.z5

by Anonymous

2003

IFID: ZCODE-1-030830-A2A3
TUID: roas2zr00wsyk48o

29th Place - 9th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2003)

The author uses his one-room game to scoff at a mentally handicapped person. While, from the technical point of view, he demonstrates quite remarkable writing and programming skills in doing so, the target choice for his jeer seems inappropriate, to put it mildly. Thus, if things like, say, kicking people who can't defend themselves in the teeth don't belong to your hobbies, avoid this game at any rate.

-- Valentine Kopteltsev

Call this game "Insultatron." Its purpose is to insult you in as many ways as possible, though not with a great deal of creativity. If that sounds like fun to you, than you'll probably love the game. If not, then you're like me.

An obscene game that does nothing but insult you, April 17, 2016
In this game, you are the fat lardo. In one room, there is a duck.

Most standard verbs are implemented, and result in insulting you.

Why three stars? The game is polished. It is very descriptive in its insults. And it succeeds in producing an emotional reaction.

But the interactivity is bkring, and I would not play it again. I do not recommend this. Includes frequent strong profanity.

Strangely Enjoyable, But Still Trash..., May 24, 2011
by Edward Kingfisher
Related reviews: swearing, funny, play, bad
Honestly, from the title, I had no idea what to expect. Possibly some stupid adventure, but no, what I found was a lot worse. I don't want to rush this game, or even deter you from playing it! I cannot deny that this game was quite funny, and even though isn't as good as some other titles, works well.

The 'story' involves you, who the game describes as "a fat lardo," finds a rubber ducky. THATS ABOUT IT. You can pick it up, squeeze it, drop it, nibble it, jump (a refreshing breath since I've been longing to get a response from that for years). You can't go anywhere, do anything "as far as I know" or really have any fun with this.

If you are in the mood for some language and lols,play it for a few minutes, but this game is no Emily Short.

If you enjoyed The Fat Lardo and the Rubber Ducky...