adamsinform.zip *
AdamsGames.zip *
trs.zip *
atari8gm.zip *
SAhints.zip *
hint sheet and map in GUEmap format
Sols3.zip *
solution
AdamsHints.tar.Z
hint sheet
(Compressed with the Unix-style .tar.Z "tarball" format. Free unpacking tools are available for most platforms.)
AdamsHints.zip *

by Scott Adams

Episode 9 of Scott Adams Classic Adventures
Western
1980

You must explore a once-thriving mining town in search of the 13 hidden treasures. With everything from rattlesnakes to runaway horses, it sure ain't going to be easy! Includes a special bonus scoring system too!
Converted from original code by Paul David Doherty.
[--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

License: Former commercial
IFID: ZCODE-1-980329-8BB3
TUID: rlxb5i0vjrnfr6x9

An overly-complicated oldschool western game, June 5, 2017
This is one of Scott Adams' later games, which are filled with unintuitive verbs and actions. If someone liked the earlier games, this would be an 'advanced' version of the earlier games.

I liked the atmosphere in this game, though. The spooky ghosts, the unusual voices, it all combined for a fun creepy feeling.

This game has a notable chemistry puzzle.

Ghost Town - A great town, January 5, 2015
This was my second IF game that I ever played. It is logical, well-thought out, with everything woven neatly together in the theme of the old west ghost town. Many sub goals to be solved: get the nails to shoe the horseshoe to the horse so you can ride the horse so you can get the (blank) so you can do (blank). Very clever.
Note: this review is based on older version of the game.

If you enjoyed Ghost Town...

People who like Ghost Town also gave high ratings to these games:

Patrick, by michael lutz
A very short game about having an uncomfortable conversation with a vaguely sinister white guy. One ending. Or is there? Ask a friend to play and then compare notes.

Delphina's House, by Alice Grove
A girl must say goodbye to her home. But there's time for one last adventure....

The Paper Bag Princess, by Adri
Princess Elizabeth is about to marry the love of her life when a dragon attacks the castle and kidnaps her betrothed. Based on a book of the same name by Robert Munsch, with permission.

Ghost Town appears in the following Recommended Lists:

I Was A Teenage Adventure Gamer by J. J. Guest
I grew up playing IF on the Acorn Electron, and later the BBC Master Compact. My aim here is to create a complete list of all the games that were in my collection back in the 8-bit era. It is not a Recommended List as such. Most of the...

The following polls include votes for Ghost Town:

Calling all Scott Adams fans... YOU PICK: I'll Play by diddlescatter
Okay, I've never played a Scott Adams game (*gasp!*), and I can't decide where to start. So here's my question to all you seasoned pros out there: IF I WERE TO PLAY JUST ONE SCOTT ADAMS GAME IN MY LIFE, WHICH ONE SHOULD I PLAY? Cast your...

Looking for a good Western. by Bishopofbasic
Howdy everyone, I'm on the hunt for a good western text adventure or IF depending on how you call it. Something, that's quite fun to play. The year of release doesn't matter to me. Just looking for some great games to sink my teeth into....

Great treasure hunt games by Molly
Good treasure hunting games in the vein of Zork and Adventure, although they may not necessarily be set in caves.

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Jimmy Maher on 25 August 2011 at 10:39am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item