Play Fabled Journey online.
Walkthrough
Simple text file. SPOILERS!

Fabled Journey

by John C. Knudsen profile

2020

A minimalist text adventure. You are Magnus, the Protector of Morr, in the Kingdom of Oshen.

Fabled Journey is an experiment in the deployment of a Gamebook/CYOA using a lite-weight javascript game engine, which outputs to HTML. The engine used is Quandary. It has been heavily adapted by me for this project. The ZIP file weighs in at a whopping 39KBs (including images). The raw files are not much more than 100KBs.

Every game designer, I suppose, tires of using bloated engines to construct their games. This project is minimalist in design, but with a surprising number of features. Quandary offers the non-programmer a simple means to construct and deploy their creations without bloat. If you are interested in creating a minimalist interactive fiction Gamebook/CYOA, I believe that you cannot go wrong using the Quandary engine.

For people who like to PLAY Gamebooks/CYOAs, I hope you enjoy the game!

Optimized for electronic devices.

Development System: Custom
IFID: 658F8733-0EAF-427C-A256-245290EDE989
TUID: r8zabrh0a7rnk0fz

This is version 14 of this page, edited by knudsenjohnc on 2 August 2020 at 8:38am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item