Zip containing all the Comp games
This is a pseudo-format used to represent download adviser records that apply to multiple formats. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Quickfire

by Sean M. Shore profile

The sun has not even risen when the Elves rouse you from your rest. You've slept far too little since last night's bloodbath, but it's time once again for battle. You sharpen your blades and head to the arena. Only six combatants remain, including yourself. Great merciful Zeus, you are exhausted. But you're not giving up now, not with glory and treasure on the line.

Not to mention that spread in Food & Wine.

First Publication Date: January 6, 2018
License: Creative Commons
IFID: 0A5ED06B-C7C7-4325-861B-D4B73D282F7E
TUID: r86cepgeir9gg0du

Winner - Eleventh Hour New Year's Minicomp

Emily Short's Interactive Storytelling
[T]hereís a lot to appreciate about the implementation. The game notices a lot of possible details if you miss a step or swap out a suboptimal ingredient or donít quite nail your cooking times. And I found myself engaging the cooking part of my brain (ďhey, I could start heating this skillet up while Iím still mixing things to go in itĒ). One of the most persuasive cooking puzzles Iíve seen in parser IF.

A polished and complex short cooking-based game, March 20, 2018
I beta tested this game.

This is a unique concept for a text adventure. You are pitted in a Chopped-style cooking challenge against three other chefs. Your goal is to cook a certain recipe in twenty minutes.

Unfortunately, your competitors have their own ideas, and you have some trouble on your own.

This reminded me of Varicella, both in the numerous autonomous actions of others, and in the time constraint. It also left me feeling like there was more for me to discover that I hadn't figured out.

If you enjoyed Quickfire...