Story file
Requires an ADRIFT version 4 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links.

The Crooked Estate

by Duncan Bowsman profile

2011

A somewhat non-traditional piece intended as a metaphorical, locality-based fictionalization based on the values of philosophical pessimism. Inspired by the writings of Thomas Ligotti.

Intended to be played with Generator code visible.

First Publication Date: June 17, 2011
Development System: ADRIFT
IFID: ADRIFT-400-14E75B6B6F79832AEDFCF89B8F107105
TUID: qxw10z58u50ktobj

Entrant - @party competition 2011

Weird, but not wonderful, August 24, 2011
by David Whyld (Derbyshire, United Kingdom)
ďA weird little arty experiment of a gameĒ is what I thought after a few minutes playing this. Nicely written but not much to actually do. The author recommends you play the game with the Generator open, but this doesn't really help matters much and after several minutes of randomly trying things and getting nowhere, I resorted to keying in commands at random from the Generator in the hope of finally making some progress. No such luck. As far I could tell, it doesn't look like itís possible to make any progress with no clear ending or goal in sight.

Now what?, August 26, 2011
by Jizaboz (U.S.A.)
I also couldn't figure out what I was supposed to be doing. I really liked the theme and the setting. Good writing. It felt as if I was in some bad nightmare or something. I just couldn't make the game progress, which was disappointing.

This is version 1 of this page, edited by DB on 5 August 2011 at 9:55pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item