A Collection Of Houses

by Jonny Arachnid profile

Surreal

A short disorientating game about dealing with depression, the hidden truths in a family and the strange way in which we collect and acquire things.

This is my first game and was inspired in part by 'House of Leaves' by Mark Z Danielewski and Resident Evil.

First Publication Date: March 12, 2013
License: Creative Commons
TUID: qumfxc7756v69rp4

Oneirriffic!, March 12, 2013
by Marshal Tenner Winter (Truth or Consequences, NM)
Related reviews: dream, dreams
I don't normally write reviews and I don't normally play this type of interactive fiction, but I wanted to say that I believe the author has done the job he set out to do; to create a dreamlike environment through text. So, I won't speak of the system he used to make it or the details of the game, I'll leave that for others. I just wanted to say it's worth a play through; dreamy, well-written, strange, yet familiar. I'd be interested to see more from this author and even this particular medium of IF.

If you enjoyed A Collection Of Houses...

People who like A Collection Of Houses also gave high ratings to these games:

You Will Select a Decision, by Brendan Patrick Hennessy
A pair of knock-off choose your own adventure books from Soviet-era Kyrgyzstan.

weird tape in the mail, by adam dickinson
short twine text adventure game. made in a day or so for the salt world jam. based heavily on the good bits of david lynch’s ‘lost highway’

Kerkerkruip, by Victor Gijsbers
Kerkerkruip is a short-form roguelike in the interactive fiction medium, featuring meaningful tactical and strategic depth, innovative game play, zero grinding, and a sword & sorcery setting that does not rehash tired clichés.

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Jonny Arachnid on 18 March 2013 at 7:41am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item