A Collection Of Houses

by Jonny Arachnid profile

Surreal

A short disorientating game about dealing with depression, the hidden truths in a family and the strange way in which we collect and acquire things.

This is my first game and was inspired in part by 'House of Leaves' by Mark Z Danielewski and Resident Evil.

First Publication Date: March 12, 2013
License: Creative Commons
TUID: qumfxc7756v69rp4

Oneirriffic!, March 12, 2013
by Fuck You (Truth or Consequences, NM)
Related reviews: dream, dreams
I don't normally write reviews and I don't normally play this type of interactive fiction, but I wanted to say that I believe the author has done the job he set out to do; to create a dreamlike environment through text. So, I won't speak of the system he used to make it or the details of the game, I'll leave that for others. I just wanted to say it's worth a play through; dreamy, well-written, strange, yet familiar. I'd be interested to see more from this author and even this particular medium of IF.

If you enjoyed A Collection Of Houses...

People who like A Collection Of Houses also gave high ratings to these games:

weird tape in the mail, by adam dickinson
short twine text adventure game. made in a day or so for the salt world jam. based heavily on the good bits of david lynch’s ‘lost highway’

seven veils, by hastapura

TRASH WIZARD DANGER ROOM, by MOUNT ENNUI
YOU ARE A MIGHTY TRASH WIZARD, CARRYING THE ENCHANTED BLOOD OF GENERATIONS OF TRASH WIZARDS BEFORE YOU. ELDRICH POWER COURSES THROUGH YOUR FINGERTIPS, AN UNIMAGINABLE LIBRARY OF TRASH MAGIC AT YOUR DISPOSAL. AS PART OF YOUR TRAINING, YOU...

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Jonny Arachnid on 18 March 2013 at 7:41am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item