Best Gopher Ever
Contains Gopher.z8
Spring Thing 2018 version
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Z-Machine Interpreter - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)
Play online
Play Best Gopher Ever in your web browser
Walkthrough and map
by David Welbourn

Best Gopher Ever

by Arthur DiBianca profile

Help the unfortunate residents of Fairview! (Who are all animals, by the way.)

A light puzzle game for all ages.

First Publication Date: April 6, 2018
TUID: qp3nwql4qjko4sz

Entrant, Main Festival - Spring Thing 2018

Do a good deed for fun and (a small) profit!, April 8, 2018
by verityvirtue (London)
Related reviews: sanguine, 2018
This is a pared-down parser game with an exceedingly straightforward premise - help the animals in the town for a small profit! The setting is pastel-colour simple, with friendly NPCs; the puzzles, relatively straightforward retrieval tasks.

This game has several player-friendly features which fans may be familiar with from DiBianca’s previous work: an ASCII map and a running summary of your progress.

Overall, an enjoyable, light game - possibly one you could play with a friend. If anything, possibly even a little frothy. If you liked this, you might like Foo Foo. Same talking-animal setting, but playing on noir tropes, and with crime at its heart.

FETCH QUEST!: THE GAME, April 16, 2018
by Hanon Ondricek (United States)
But not in a bad way! After I rolled my eyes, I enjoyed the busy-work, almost IF Sudoku vibe of this. The STATUS command is helpful as a quest-log and was it not for an extremely helpful graphical MAP, I might not have seen this through to the end.

A pleasant mid-length minimalist puzzle game that is kid-friendly, April 11, 2018
This is a game in the vein of DiBianca's other games, with an emphasis on a minimal verb set and getching puzzles.

You have to help sixteen animals in a gridlike town. Each asks for various things, and you have to help them. Some give hints, and others just add flavor.

I beta tested this game, and I enjoyed it then and now. Highly recommended for a pure puzzle experience.

If you enjoyed Best Gopher Ever...