Wake Up.z8
Wake Up.ulx
Wake Up.gblorb

Wake Up

by Phillip J Rhoades

You are awake and alone. Unable to move. Unable to fight against the thing slowly rising from within you. Is there any part of you that can resist? Any part that you can still move? (Based on a true event in my life when I was fourteen)

* An EctoComp2018 Game

First Publication Date: October 31, 2018
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
IFID: 9ED1934E-C661-11E8-91AE-64006A3B60E7
TUID: q6v604a5iz69jddq

Entrant, La Petite Mort - EctoComp 2018

A short nightmare speed-IF based on a real experience, October 31, 2018
First, a note about my ratings. This game is very short and is necessarily unpolished (as a game written in just 4 hours). So I took off one star for that.

But I found it had emotional effectiveness, I would play it again, the interactivity worked for me, and the writing was descriptive.

You are having a terrible nightmare and feel paralzyed. There is only a small amount of time to help yourself.

It took me a couple of play-throughs to get through it, but I was impressed at the level of craftmanship in an Ectocomp game. Well done.

If you enjoyed Wake Up...

People who like Wake Up also gave high ratings to these games:

Inward Narrow Crooked Lanes , by B Minus Seven
Before we begin, we have a sharp-- I mean short intake form for you to fill out.

I THINK I'LL STOP OFF ON THE WAY, by piratescarfy
A surreal horror story about an English service station with randomly selected content if certain passages are revisited. Written while on holiday in the Lake District.

A Change in the Weather, by Andrew Plotkin
"Walking away from a picnic, you are suddenly caught in a country storm. You must protect a bridge from being destroyed. An ultra-linear game." [--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

Wake Up appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games (All English Winners/Entries) by thecanvasrose

This is version 2 of this page, edited by MathBrush on 31 October 2018 at 3:07pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item