index.html

by Krishan Coupland

Whilst researching pixies for my short story, "Blue", I stumbled across an ancient-looking field guide at the back of a local bookshop. It was called A Primer On The Capture And Identification Of The Little Folk Of Myth And Legend. The cover was wrecked, and half the pages had fallen out, so I have no idea who wrote it. The author comes across as somewhat... eccentric. I found it incredibly useful though - especially the flowchart section at the back. I couldn't find any record of the book online, so I took the liberty of transcribing that chapter into digital form. I hope someone finds it useful!

First Publication Date: January 7, 2015
License: Creative Commons
TUID: q2w2w1l1n3mxiyu2

Greater than the sum of its stars, December 19, 2015
by george (Seattle)
I feel a little torn giving this three stars, but it's only because I think this is more of a diversion than a full-fledged work (indeed, it seems to be more of a bit of marketing for a separate work the author had a hand in). Nevertheless this is a funny and well-written piece that fits the medium very well.

If you enjoyed A Primer On The Capture And Identification Of The Little Folk Of Myth And Legend...

People who like A Primer On The Capture And Identification Of The Little Folk Of Myth And Legend also gave high ratings to these games:

Icepunk, by pageboy
"You are the sole remaining inhabitant of an artificial world above a bizarre, inhospitable earth. A feral child raised by robots, you have just discovered the central computer of your Habitat, and unravelled the tale of a terrible...

Sorcery! 2, by Steve Jackson and inkle
Per the first game in this series, this is an adaptation of a print-based game book originally published in 1983, updated for modern touch-screen devices. The player quests across a fantasy map (this time of a single city, versus the...

Stupid Kittens, by Marc Valhara
"You are standing in Karen's room. >POOP ON COMPUTER Woo, bad kitten!" [--blurb from Competition Aught-Zero]

This is version 1 of this page, edited by krishan on 19 December 2015 at 2:25pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item