HTML
The game is also available for app store purchase at the main Choice of Games web catalog.

For Rent: Haunted House

by Gavin Inglis profile

Humor
2012

In For Rent: Haunted House, it's your job to rent out a haunted house before your tyrannical boss has you fired.

How will you screw over your tenants? Will you ignore inconvenient supernatural phenomena, or use them to drum up publicity? How will you deal with ghost hunters, squatters, and celebrity tenants? Will you emerge as the top agent? Stage an office coup? Or will you become a permanent resident of 57 Crowther Terrace?

(This game used to be called Eerie Estate Agent, before we changed the name.)

First Publication Date: August 31, 2012
License: Commercial
Development System: ChoiceScript
TUID: psvs2nstweim7ax

PyramidIF
FOR RENT: HAUNTED HOUSE (EERIE ESTATE AGENT)
The PC is a real estate agent at a floundering agency, and the housing crisis has driven the boss (spoken of as "The Crocodile" behind her back due to a tricky surname and less than pleasant demeanor) to pit you and your rival agent against each other to battle for top earner, who will then keep their job. The twist: you are each handed a special, notoriously difficult property to rent out.

Unreal Estate, September 14, 2019
by J. J. Guest (London, England)
I was recommended this game, and it is one of the most enjoyable Choice Of games I've played. Unlike with many Choice Of games, you are not required to spend time at the beginning customizing you character, which can sometimes feel a bit arbitrary and uninvolving to me. Instead the game launches straight into the story, casting you as a harassed estate agent working for a small company in Edinburgh. You're charged with renting out a house with a mysterious history, and your whole livelihood depends upon making a success of it. The NPCs are both interesting and believable, and the choices you make have a real influence on the course of the story. There is enough branching to give the game plenty of replay value, which is one of the key things I look for in a choice-based story. It is also very funny. Of the Choice Of Games that I've played so far, this is my favourite, and I'll definitely be trying other games by this author.

If you enjoyed For Rent: Haunted House...

People who like For Rent: Haunted House also gave high ratings to these games:

Toby's Nose, by Chandler Groover
A murder most foul has been committed and Sherlock Holmes is on the case. You are his dog.

The Rats in the Bulkheads, by Bruno Dias
All you have to do is make it inside and fire thrusters to adjust the derelict's course. Content warning: This game contains written depictions of disturbing material, including gore and suicide.

Doki Doki Literature Club, by Team Salvato
Hi, Monika here! Welcome to the Literature Club! It's always been a dream of mine to make something special out of the things I love. Now that you're a club member, you can help me make that dream come true in this cute game! Every day...

The following polls include votes for For Rent: Haunted House:

Best Choicescript games by MathBrush
I've only played a few choicescript games, but I loved Creatures Such as We, The Race, and Scarlet Sails. What can you recommend?

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Gavin Inglis on 24 April 2016 at 3:49pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item