silences

Development System: Texture
TUID: poowe6017wo4kuw

Entrant, Back Garden - Spring Thing 2020

Six endings, April 26, 2020
All of the endings are about what the main character won't do, and why.

(Spoiler - click to show)
"I won't waive my right to wear charms. The dread eye can hit the dirt."
"I won't sign. If they want my breath, they can draw it, jar it, shelve it themselves."
"I won't have need much longer. Services (assemblies, deliveries) are for moving parts only."
"I won't want for anything come summer. Mountains will scurry hither over my doorsill."
"I won't repeat myself again. This slingstone breaks brows as sure as the sun will scour."
"I won't dignify such a ceremony with lip service. They ate my heart and deemed it 'plummy'."

A '2-command' game in texturewriter, April 16, 2020
This is an odd game. I was excited to see it used texture writer, a system that often produces unusual games.

In texture, you slide 'action' blocks onto 'noun' blocks. This game switches that around a bit, more just sliding one of two nouns (eye, shoulder) onto adjectives and nouns.

It took me a while to figure out the functionality (which is (Spoiler - click to show)'eye' provides a description using several adjectives while 'shoulder' adds the word to a sentence, except at the very end where you get one or more endings.

I didn't really know what to make of it all, but it worked for me, the discovery of the use of the nouns providing the same kind of feel that solving a puzzle does.

My favorite insight was realizing (possibly incorrectly) that the game provides insight into the author's feelings about themself.

If you enjoyed silences...