zx.zip *

Gremlins

by Brian Howarth and Teoman Irmak

Screen/Horror
1984

Kingston Falls is in danger of being over-run with Gremlins, Billy has been tricked by Gizmo's offsprings into feeding them after midnight. The Mogwai have already pupated and turned into the evil Gremlins, and, led by Stripe (the evilest of them all) are now causing chaos all over Kingston Falls. By taking the part of Billy you are now about to embark on a most perilous adventure. Aided by Gizmo it is your task to save Kingston Falls from being over-run with Gremlins.

Spanish and German translations are available for the ZX Spectrum.

Language: German, English, Castilian (de, en, es)
License: Former commercial
TUID: plzdi06otgxs6u2t

I realize some of my frustrations have to do with the old school way the game is put together. But all that would be forgiven if you as a player had some interesting things to do. Unfortunately, the entire middle section of Gremlins takes place in an anemically implemented department store, and the endgame is a hit and miss affair I did not find satisfying at all. I finally did manage to finish it, as I mentioned earlier. But in the end, I wondered why I bothered.
-- Harry Hol

If you enjoyed Gremlins...

People who like Gremlins also gave high ratings to these games:

Fish!, by John Molloy, Pete Kemp, Phil South, Rob Steggles
One nibble and you're hooked. JUST WHEN YOU THOUGHT IT WAS SAFE TO GET OUT OF THE WATER: The tide is turning in the teeming metropolis of Fishworld. The oceans and seas are boiling off into space. The Seven Deadly Fins - an...

Dinner Bell, by Jenni Polodna
You are the involuntary and very hungry test subject of a semi-anthropomorphized dog in a labcoat who wants you to find all sixteen food items mentioned in They Might Be Giants' song Dinner Bell, which have been hidden in a near-perfect...

Three More Visitors , by Paul Stanley
Christmas Eve! You tell Bob to go home early; tidy up a little, and lock up the office shortly after four. You look on the old brass plate, which still reads “Scrooge & Marley”, probably for the last time. After visiting the engravers to...

The following polls include votes for Gremlins:

Games with graphics and/or sound by eyesack
I couldn't find an easy way to search for this, so I figured I'd ask the hivemind: What games use graphics and/or sound to enhance the gameplay, similar to City of Secrets and Necrotic Drift?

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Autymn D. C. on 17 December 2017 at 1:07am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item