zx.zip *

Gremlins

by Brian Howarth and Teoman Irmak

Screen/Horror
1984

Kingston Falls is in danger of being over-run with Gremlins, Billy has been tricked by Gizmo's offsprings into feeding them after midnight. The Mogwai have already pupated and turned into the evil Gremlins, and, led by Stripe (the evilest of them all) are now causing chaos all over Kingston Falls. By taking the part of Billy you are now about to embark on a most perilous adventure. Aided by Gizmo it is your task to save Kingston Falls from being over-run with Gremlins.

Spanish and German translations are available for the ZX Spectrum.

Language: German, English, Castilian (de, en, es)
License: Former commercial
TUID: plzdi06otgxs6u2t

I realize some of my frustrations have to do with the old school way the game is put together. But all that would be forgiven if you as a player had some interesting things to do. Unfortunately, the entire middle section of Gremlins takes place in an anemically implemented department store, and the endgame is a hit and miss affair I did not find satisfying at all. I finally did manage to finish it, as I mentioned earlier. But in the end, I wondered why I bothered.
-- Harry Hol

If you enjoyed Gremlins...

People who like Gremlins also gave high ratings to these games:

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams and Steve Meretzky
Don't Panic! Relax, because everything you need to know about playing The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy is contained in the pages of this manual. In this story, you will be Arthur Dent, a rather ordinary earth creature who gets swept...

Bulbo and the Lizard-King, by John Wilson and Sean Doran

Doomsday Lost Echoes, by Alberto Riera and Daniel Castaņo
Average member rating: (1 rating)
The game was programmed specifically for the Amstrad CPC using the Professional Adventure Writing System (PAWS). It makes use of most of the PAWS capabilities and, although it is a text adventure, it relies extensively on graphics...

The following polls include votes for Gremlins:

Games with graphics and/or sound by eyesack
I couldn't find an easy way to search for this, so I figured I'd ask the hivemind: What games use graphics and/or sound to enhance the gameplay, similar to City of Secrets and Necrotic Drift?

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Autymn D. C. on 17 December 2017 at 1:07am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item