zx.zip *

Gremlins

by Brian Howarth and Teoman Irmak

Screen/Horror
1984

Kingston Falls is in danger of being over-run with Gremlins, Billy has been tricked by Gizmo's offsprings into feeding them after midnight. The Mogwai have already pupated and turned into the evil Gremlins, and, led by Stripe (the evilest of them all) are now causing chaos all over Kingston Falls. By taking the part of Billy you are now about to embark on a most perilous adventure. Aided by Gizmo it is your task to save Kingston Falls from being over-run with Gremlins.

Spanish and German translations are available for the ZX Spectrum.

Language: German, English, Castilian (de, en, es)
License: Former commercial
TUID: plzdi06otgxs6u2t

I realize some of my frustrations have to do with the old school way the game is put together. But all that would be forgiven if you as a player had some interesting things to do. Unfortunately, the entire middle section of Gremlins takes place in an anemically implemented department store, and the endgame is a hit and miss affair I did not find satisfying at all. I finally did manage to finish it, as I mentioned earlier. But in the end, I wondered why I bothered.
-- Harry Hol

If you enjoyed Gremlins...

People who like Gremlins also gave high ratings to these games:

Will Not Let Me Go, by Stephen Granade
Dallas, Texas. 1996. Fred Strickland has Alzheimer's.

A Beauty Cold and Austere, by Mike Spivey
That survey course in conceptual mathematics seemed like a good idea at the start of the term - no graded homework, no midterm exams - just an oral final at the end. But now that final is tomorrow morning. After months of procrastination...

The Hobbit, by Philip Mitchell and Veronika Megler

The following polls include votes for Gremlins:

Games with graphics and/or sound by eyesack
I couldn't find an easy way to search for this, so I figured I'd ask the hivemind: What games use graphics and/or sound to enhance the gameplay, similar to City of Secrets and Necrotic Drift?

This is version 6 of this page, edited by Autymn Castleton on 17 December 2017 at 1:07am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item