Story file for playing online
The latest version of the story, compiled with WebUI. To play online, please click the Play Online button above.
Play on the Internet with a browser, or download for use with a TADS Web UI-compatible interpreter - visit www.tads.org for interpreter downloads.
Offline story file
The latest version of the story; intended to be used with your favorite TADS compatible interpreter.
For all systems. To play, you'll need a TADS 3 Interpreter - visit tads.org for interpreter downloads.

Fake News

by Mike Sousa profile

Humor

I had enough fake news clouding my head even before remembering the words of Zobra the Seer, that today I would encounter great peril, end up in the news, and discover the fate of my great-grandparents. Get out, Zobra. I just want to head to the Algarve for some R&R.

P.S.

Contrary to popular belief, this story is not about President Trump, is not pro-Trump nor is it political. I used the story name of Fake News before it was solely associated with President Trump. It's just a fun story, so go ahead and enjoy. ;)

First Publication Date: October 1, 2017
IFID: 5C036A02-2D8E-459C-A50F-16C74FDF0E15
TUID: pjvpa5u0sej5enyf

31st Place - 23rd Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2017)

A humorous collection of vignettes based on fake news, November 16, 2017
I beta tested this game, and I found it very funny.

Mike Sousa has written many past IF games, and the polish of this game is testament to his experience.

This game is tied together by various real-life newspaper headlines. You are having a pretty crazy day, and you hop from sequence to sequence trying to deal with mistaken identities and rogue celebrities.

There isn't a lot of direct interactivity in the traditional sense, but there's a lot of room to play around in each scene, with plenty of coded actions.

If you enjoyed Fake News...

People who like Fake News also gave high ratings to these games:

Surface, by Geoff Moore
A Spring Thing 2014 entry. Surface should play in all modern browsers, however Chrome and Safari are recommended as text and image fades may not display properly in other browsers.

Toby's Nose, by Chandler Groover
A murder most foul has been committed and Sherlock Holmes is on the case. You are his dog.

Thanksgiving, by Hannah Powell-Smith
You're twenty-one. It's dark in here. Thanksgiving is a story game about being an anxious student with secrets, meeting your boyfriend's folks for the first time. And being Judged. Play in your browser on most devices.

This is version 7 of this page, edited by Mike Sousa on 28 April 2020 at 12:31pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item