IFComp 2015 release

Much Love, BJP

by Megan Stevens

A brief look at the life of a fictional war correspondent. "Much Love: BJP" was showcased to a limited audience at the Hope College Celebration for Undergraduate Research.

First Publication Date: October 1, 2015
TUID: p887ipmhjzlkckj

48th Place - 21st Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2015)

An only mildly interactive Twine game with photos, but a powerful story, February 3, 2016
Related reviews: IF Comp 2015
This game was written both for IFComp 2015 and for an undergraduate research project at Hope.

It is just a choice between three linear sequences. After each choice has been picked at least once, two more open up. There are scattered photographs.

Interactivity-wise, this game doesn't make any groundbreaking changes. But the story is great. It is based on real-life journalist Marie Colvin, a war correspondent with an eye patch who died in an explosion.

I played this game twice, 3 weeks apart. The first time, I was rushing through IFComp, and dismissed it. But the second time, it struck a real emotional cord with me, and I really enjoyed it.

If you enjoyed Much Love, BJP...