Click Faggot

by Christopher Kinniburgh

Slice of life

It's two thirty in the morning. My eyes are shutting. My shoulder bounces off a door frame. I shouldn't have had this much to drink. The shortcut I've taken to get back to my dorm has me lost in a sea of classrooms...

First Publication Date: April 17, 2016
Development System: Custom
TUID: oygbhp3wupi578wt

A harsh reality, April 19, 2016
by Felix Pleșoianu (Bucharest, Romania)
Personal games have become increasingly popular as of late, due to a couple of factors: one, the democratization of accessible authoring tools, and two -- an increasing awareness throughout society of the fact that issues like bullying and depression are real, serious and all too widespread. These are exactly the issues Click Faggot is dealing with, as a slice of life covering a few years of a young man's struggle. It can be painful to play through; these aren't fun things to read about. But I forced myself to finish (once), because these are things we have to face.

Technically, the game is fine -- a custom browser-based engine that works on a principle similar to Undum -- and the author makes good use of single continuation options for pacing. It doesn't have any frills, and doesn't need them. Just give this short game a try; there's little else to be said.

If you enjoyed Click Faggot...

People who like Click Faggot also gave high ratings to these games:

Dragon Fate, by Kris Schnee
In the hills of Gerrick's Boon, strange stories reach your ears. Alchemy, a rare art elsewhere, here seems more commonly taught than reading. Judging from the wordless shop signs lining the four dirt streets, anyway, and from the amazing...

LASH -- Local Asynchronous Satellite Hookup, by Paul O'Brian

Andromeda Dreaming, by Joey Jones
Aliss can control her dreams, but will this help her when she's stuck in a galaxy on the brink of destruction? Winner of the Andromeda Legacy competition 2012, Andromeda Dreaming is in the same setting as Andromeda Awakening.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Felix Pleșoianu on 19 April 2016 at 11:19am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item