introcomp06.zip
Windows Application (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Nothing But Mazes

by Greg Boettcher

2006

TUID: ovbxika0f1e03g6i

A Sci-Fi Fairy Tale ..., August 11, 2010
by Tristano (Italy)
Nothing But Mazes is a strange piece of IF: there are parts of the story in which the player doesn't really play but reads along, screen after screen. So it's part fiction, part interactive fiction.

Both the game and its language are simple but polished, so it suits also kids. The author has put a great deal of fantasy in the story and I've found it really interesting. As a game, I have to admit that the puzles are quite simple, but I enjoyed them.

The game has sound and hand-drawn graphics (very nice indeed) which add atmosphere to it.

I got to the end of Nothing But Mazes: it's "to be continued". So I hope that Greg Boettcher will bring it to completion because it's worth it.

If you enjoyed Nothing But Mazes...

People who like Nothing But Mazes also gave high ratings to these games:

Tipelau, by Hugo Labrande
Average member rating: (1 rating)

Aisle, by Sam Barlow
"Late Thursday night. You've had a hard day and the last thing you need is this: shopping. Luckily, the place is pretty empty and you're progressing rapidly. On to the next aisle... Aisle started out as a game which would not need the...

Gateway, by Mike Verdu, Michael Lindner, and Glen Dahlgren
In the early twenty-second century, adventurous citizens of Earth can travel to a place called "Gateway": a long-abandoned alien space station, now rediscovered by humans and turned into a jumping-off point for risky but potentially...

The following polls include votes for Nothing But Mazes:

Games with misleading titles by Cendare
I was thinking about "Nothing But Mazes" and how it, in fact, contains things that aren't mazes. What other games have titles that don't quite reflect what's inside?

Games with graphics and/or sound by eyesack
I couldn't find an easy way to search for this, so I figured I'd ask the hivemind: What games use graphics and/or sound to enhance the gameplay, similar to City of Secrets and Necrotic Drift?

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Greg Boettcher on 24 March 2008 at 1:54pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item