introcomp06.zip
Windows Application (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Nothing But Mazes

by Greg Boettcher

2006

TUID: ovbxika0f1e03g6i

A Sci-Fi Fairy Tale ..., August 11, 2010
by Tristano (Italy)
Nothing But Mazes is a strange piece of IF: there are parts of the story in which the player doesn't really play but reads along, screen after screen. So it's part fiction, part interactive fiction.

Both the game and its language are simple but polished, so it suits also kids. The author has put a great deal of fantasy in the story and I've found it really interesting. As a game, I have to admit that the puzles are quite simple, but I enjoyed them.

The game has sound and hand-drawn graphics (very nice indeed) which add atmosphere to it.

I got to the end of Nothing But Mazes: it's "to be continued". So I hope that Greg Boettcher will bring it to completion because it's worth it.

If you enjoyed Nothing But Mazes...

People who like Nothing But Mazes also gave high ratings to these games:

Gamlet, by Tomasz Pudlo

Wonderland, by David Bishop, Bob Coles, Paul Findley, Ken Gordon, Richard Huddy, Steve Lacey, Doug Rabson, Anita Sinclair, Hugh Steers and Mark Taylor
Dream the dream... EVERYONE HAS READ WONDERLAND...BUT ONLY ONE HAS DREAMED IT... UNTIL NOW! The newest and largest-ever adventure from Magnetic Scrolls draws you into the bizarre logic of Lewis Caroll's spellbinding imagination. Here you...

9:05, by Adam Cadre
In this game, you wake up and go about your regular business, though everything may not be as it seems. Warning: there is no built-in help in this story, so if you need it, you may have to play on your own. This game has multiple...

The following polls include votes for Nothing But Mazes:

Games with misleading titles by Cendare
I was thinking about "Nothing But Mazes" and how it, in fact, contains things that aren't mazes. What other games have titles that don't quite reflect what's inside?

Games with graphics and/or sound by eyesack
I couldn't find an easy way to search for this, so I figured I'd ask the hivemind: What games use graphics and/or sound to enhance the gameplay, similar to City of Secrets and Necrotic Drift?

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Greg Boettcher on 24 March 2008 at 1:54pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item