Return to the game's main page
Reviews and Ratings
1-14 of 14
- nf, December 11, 2019
- erzulie, September 24, 2019
- Denk, April 24, 2018
- sleepbox, December 31, 2017
- Audiart (Davis, CA), March 3, 2017
- dream, May 13, 2016
Old Games Italia (Italian)
- Doug Orleans (Somerville, MA, USA), May 5, 2016
- Wade Clarke (Sydney, Australia), April 27, 2016
- Mr. Patient (Saint Paul, Minn.), April 14, 2016
- Sobol (Russia), April 9, 2016
- Caleb Wilson (Illinois), April 7, 2016
1 of 1 people found the following review helpful:A humorous, polished old-style IF set in ancient Greece, April 7, 2016
Like those games, this game evokes the same feel of adventure and exploration as the early text adventures. However, the author has managed to remove a great deal of the frustration inherent in those games by providing well-thought-out hints and gentle guidance.
You play Xylophone (pronounced in four syllables), a Greek woman accused of various crimes and given 3 labors to perform. You travel to Minos, Hell, and Troy to complete these tasks.
The game is chock full of puns and mythology jokes. It made me chuckle.
Some of the puzzles felt a bit tedious in the middle, as you were mostly matching things (Iron door? Find an iron key. Need to get past a bear? find some honey. Not that these are real examples). This isn't necessarily bad, but some of the other puzzles were quite clever (giving some nice Eureka! moments), so it made me with for more.
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
More Options| Add a comment
- Teaspoon, April 6, 2016