Download and unzip all files to a folder and run the .exe file. Or you could run the .exe directly from the zip file.
In-browser play
Contains MyTrainStation.Exe
This game requires an interpreter program - refer to the game's documentation for details. (Compressed with gzip. Free unpacking tools are available for most systems.)

My Very Own Train Station

by Niklas GlÝsen profile

Slice of life, Surreal

The player is stuck at a train station, and the player has to make a choice about which train they should take.

First Publication Date: May 6, 2019
TUID: ooc14wsz0182nndy

A Superb Philosophical Short Deserving of Attention, October 7, 2019
This short only offers the player a handful of choices, but that doesn't negate the fact that it has excellent writing and visuals. It presents sort of an unusual take on IF, but I personally loved it very much! It took me off guard initially and I wasn't sure what to make of it at first, but throw your expectations out the door and give "My Very Own Train Station" a whirl. It's deserving of attention and praise.

What was my only critique against this game was that it is easy to quickly reach an ending and that to get another one, you have to start over again and again - I wasn't sure how I felt about this recursive quality during play. However, I came to feel that this trait really fits the game, a day or so after play.

The mundane repetitiveness of the story, how thoroughly the player is willing to read through all of it and the main character's primary dilemma of escaping a rigid environment tie together to the game's overarching ideas and themes. "My Very Own Train Station" was carefully made. Well made. Be careful to give it good time and thought.

Great game with a great art style, May 12, 2019
by suchamazingdoge (Austin, Texas)
I liked the story. It was very introspective. The art style was great too, and the animations were fluid. The only thing I would want more of is endings.

If you enjoyed My Very Own Train Station...

People who like My Very Own Train Station also gave high ratings to these games:

Strange Encounter in Space, by suchamazingdoge
You go into a spaceship and encounter creatures that you've never seen before.

The End Means Escape, by Steve Kodat
"Some things should be left undone." [--blurb from Competition Aught-Zero]

Bring Me A Head!, by Chandler Groover
Better hope you can hack it. A Grand Guignol entry for ECTOCOMP 2016.

My Very Own Train Station appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Favorite Weird/Surreal Games by thecanvasrose
An ongoing list of bizarro, out of the box, quirky and 'who would ever think to make this' games which force one to question their own sanity, if just a little bit.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by thecanvasrose on 13 October 2019 at 8:03pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item