10 Second Defence

by Christina Nordlander profile

- hoopla, March 1, 2015

kill or get killed, February 20, 2015
by namekuseijin (anywhere but home)
You have until he reaches your apartment.

sorry, I have what?

10 Second Defence

oh, thanks for clearing that up in the title. So far, this looks like a sparsely implemented one-room defense game with bad prose. yes, it indeed is.

The prologue text doesn't really mention what Kiernan is about to do, so I just took 15 turns waiting for him - perhaps he's the PC's boyfriend or boss? He enters the room and I'm blasted away. ah, good, so it really is about defending yourself against some lunatic.

Well, gotta say, it's a finally crafted small situation you've thrown us at here, worthy the few replays it demands. It evidently requires some trial and error before a good ending - which evidently means (Spoiler - click to show)your ex-lover dead while you draw a shaky breath and head off.

It's already 3 stars for being a proper game, but the short length, sparse prose and implementation got the better of me and I took 1 away. :/

Now let's look at some implementation fails:

wow, I have a sensory enhancer implant! Let's try putting it to good use:

>listen
You can't hear anything.

>smell
The air of your apartment is so familiar, you no longer notice it.

>smell Kiernan
You can't see any such thing.

I know I can't see him, but I assumed the implant would give me wolverine-like powers. Perhaps I could smell his stink or fear miles away :/

>throw knife at hitman
You lack the nerve when it comes to the crucial moment.

- Khalisar (Italy), October 6, 2014