Riddle Run

Riddle Run

by Hayden

Mystery
2008

You are trapped somewhere. To escape from somewhere, you must solve riddles. Each riddle you solve takes you to the next room. There are five rooms. Can you get through them all?

First Publication Date: August 15, 2008
Development System: quest
IFID: 3E8AB3918C26E14025F96E7E35D0252E
TUID: nsklds7utmg7j16b

Something is missing, February 12, 2014
by Simon Deimel (Germany)
Basically this game is a collection of riddles, presented in rhymes. I liked them. I really did, even if I could not find the solution to the second half of the fourth riddle. But the first ones were nice, quite easy, but you had to think about them for a short while.
But something is missing, something which is essential for a good interactive fiction: a story. I can not find much of it, I just know that I am locked in somewhere and have to solve riddles, nothing more. Maybe there will be explanations after the last riddle is solved, but it might be not a good idea to introduce a storyline right before the ending. I would have liked the game better with a background. Why am I there? Why do riddles appear? And who is the unknown riddler? Maybe I am Batman, trapped by the Riddler? It would have been little work to create some scenes around the riddles, just to establish some atmosphere. There could have been more effort to this.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by textadventures.co.uk robot on 24 January 2013 at 12:03pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item