videobar.zip
Contains videobar.gam
For all systems. To play, you'll need a TADS 2 Interpreter - visit tads.org for interpreter downloads. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

I'm Gonna Take You To The Video Bar!

by James Mitchelhill

Abuses
2004

IFID: TADS2-9B835872FD69038ADF439CEF4081E973
TUID: ndsp2xjj2aifh30h

A proof of concept, rather than a game, February 18, 2013
...so don't expect much.

The only goal of I'm Gonna Take You To The Video Bar! is to show that the TADS framework allows a video to be embedded in a game. Said video is shown after a brief interactive session.

I don't rate it, because it is not really a game; it may be of interest as a showcase of the capabilities of the TADS language, in the same way that e.g. toyshop, one of the inform examples, is for the latter.
As such, I felt this title deserves at least a small review, as respect for the author's divulgative effort.

If you enjoyed I'm Gonna Take You To The Video Bar!...

People who like I'm Gonna Take You To The Video Bar! also gave high ratings to these games:

Journey, by Marc Blank
Have you mettle enough to make siege on the Dread Lord himself? ...We shall see. If you've ever been spellbound by a fantasy story, captivated by a role playing game, or enthralled by interactive fiction, Journey will rouse your...

Rameses, by Stephen Bond

The Cabal, by Stephen Bond

The following polls include votes for I'm Gonna Take You To The Video Bar!:

Most unique games by Jeremy Freese
Whatever else might be said about ___________, there's not another game like it.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 28 February 2008 at 12:06am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item