videobar.zip
Contains videobar.gam
For all systems. To play, you'll need a TADS 2 Interpreter - visit tads.org for interpreter downloads. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

I'm Gonna Take You To The Video Bar!

by James Mitchelhill

Abuses
2004

IFID: TADS2-9B835872FD69038ADF439CEF4081E973
TUID: ndsp2xjj2aifh30h

A proof of concept, rather than a game, February 18, 2013
...so don't expect much.

The only goal of I'm Gonna Take You To The Video Bar! is to show that the TADS framework allows a video to be embedded in a game. Said video is shown after a brief interactive session.

I don't rate it, because it is not really a game; it may be of interest as a showcase of the capabilities of the TADS language, in the same way that e.g. toyshop, one of the inform examples, is for the latter.
As such, I felt this title deserves at least a small review, as respect for the author's divulgative effort.

If you enjoyed I'm Gonna Take You To The Video Bar!...

People who like I'm Gonna Take You To The Video Bar! also gave high ratings to these games:

Jinxter, by Georgina Sinclair, Michael Bywater
Every silver lining has a cloud... JUST WHEN A MAN THINKS HIS LUCK IS RUNNING OUT... ... things start getting even worse. He gets run over by a bus. Sprayed with cheese sandwich by a supernatural being. Smashed against a tunnel by a...

Galatea, by Emily Short
Emily Short's description: A conversation with a work of art. "47. Galatea. White Thasos marble. Non-commissioned work by the late Pygmalion of Cyprus. (The artist has since committed suicide.) Originally not an animate. The waking of...

So Far, by Andrew Plotkin
Sitting in a cramped theatre, irritated that your partner apparently hasn't turned up, you are strangely intrigued by a current of air. It will lead you to a place very different from your own familiar surroundings... [--blurb from The...

The following polls include votes for I'm Gonna Take You To The Video Bar!:

Most unique games by Jeremy Freese
Whatever else might be said about ___________, there's not another game like it.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 28 February 2008 at 12:06am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item