Return to the game's main page
Reviews and Ratings
Previous | << 1 >> | Next
- kierlani, April 17, 2020
- hoopla, February 5, 2016
An early example of an NPC-rich TADS game. Help John study!, February 3, 2016
by MathBrushThis game was the very first winner of the XYZZY for best NPCs. Your roommate John is studying, and four of his buddies come over. You have to eliminate them one or two at a time, and quiet down your environment, until John can study.
The PCs are well-written and entertaining. The puzzles are early-90's standard: a series of events that seem logical afterwards, but which ignore many alternative solutions (for instance, you can't (Spoiler - click to show)tape the wrapper or the towel across the hole in the window).
Good for fans of busy, interactive rooms of NPCs.
Was this review helpful to you? Yes No
More Options| Add a comment
- namekuseijin (anywhere but home), January 12, 2016
- Thrax, March 11, 2015
- DJ (Olalla, Washington), May 9, 2013
- E.K., August 26, 2012
- liz73 (Cornwall, New York), July 20, 2012
- amciek (Opole), May 28, 2012
- Mr. Patient (Saint Paul, Minn.), May 27, 2012
- Nemansphere, June 29, 2011
- Sam Kabo Ashwell (Seattle), May 19, 2011
- Walter Sandsquish, February 2, 2011
- Karl Ove Hufthammer (Bergen, Norway), January 12, 2009
- Zagrebo (Glasgow, Scotland), January 12, 2009
- Audiart (Davis, CA), January 8, 2009
- Wesley (Iowa City, Iowa), September 1, 2008
- Jason Catena (Chicago, Illinois), June 28, 2008
- Miron (Berlin, Germany), December 10, 2007
- Corey Arnett (British Columbia, Canada), October 20, 2007
Your roommate is cramming for an important exam, and if he doesn't pass, you'll have to endure his company for another semester. You have to clear the apartment of distractions - a task made difficult when four of his friends drop by for an all-night party. A small game with exceptionally rich detail and a good sense of humour. Has a time limit, but it's so large compared to the game that I don't expect anyone will run afoul of it without trying to do so.
-- Carl Muckenhoupt
Previous | << 1 >> | Next | Return to game's main page