lambs.z5

Silence of the Lambs

by Anonymous

Joke
1996

A game based on the popular book/film, "Silence of the Lambs." :)
[--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

IFIDs:  TADS2-A7E341AB2E543F82F6C2B7034041116B
ZCODE-2-971010-AA25
TUID: n5vydjyuieoe34qz

Not based on anything else of the same title. One joke, one room, one move. Perhaps the epitome of gag games.

-- Carl Muckenhoupt

This is without any doubt the shortest game I have ever played. It's probably the shortest game ever. In fact Silence is so short it only just qualifies as a game at all. Although with the growing trend in text adventures being a move away from the great rambling dungeons of our origins into shorter and more contemporary styled situations Silence could be seen as the peak of modern interactive fiction.

-- Nick Edmunds

The shortest game ever?, February 12, 2014
by Simon Deimel (Germany)
A simple guess-the-verb game. One obvious matter has to be solved with one move. This cannot be called a puzzle, there is hardly any logic thinking required. The solution is obvious, but still you might not see the wood for the trees.
I gave this two stars because in the end I found it funny -- not that kind of funny to have long laughs about, but funny in a way that makes you bump your head against the wall.
It is somehow stupid, but I recommend it. I clearly recommend this to people who like to check out stuff that does not fit into the usual categories.

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Edward Lacey on 22 March 2013 at 4:03pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item