Requires an ADRIFT version 5 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links.

Die Feuerfaust

by Larry Horsfield

Episode 3 of The Adventures of Alaric Blackmoon

You are Alaric Blackmoon, Duke of the Duchy of Charlton in the kingdom of Hecate. The stories of your exploits in finding the lost "Axe of Kolt" and solving the mystery of "The Spectre of Castle Coris" have spread far and wide, even across the seas.

Development System: ADRIFT
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
IFID: ADRIFT-500-75E5-6F3A-4753-B718-9A85278F9
TUID: n09ay3bjso72q2wi

Remake of Die Feuerfaust, by Larry Horsfield

2nd Place - 2016 ADRIFT End of the Year Comp.

Delron
Review compilation
The game is very varied, bringing you to various places such as a hamlet, a village, a town, some cities, a forest and an encampment. The game has more magic than previous episodes in the series, which I like. The puzzles are great, often involving magic, and as previous episodes this game is very well implemented.

Rags to Riches... a second time., April 20, 2020
by Rovarsson
Related reviews: Alaric Blackmoon, Fantasy
Die Feuerfaust is the third installment in the Alaric Blackmoon-series by Larry Horsfield. Having played and tested the previous two, I knew pretty much what I was in for, and looking forward to it.

I was not disappointed. Unapologetic (have I used this word in an Alaric-review before? I just might have...) oldschool adventuring, big and varied settings, some use of magic, some killing of foes, and at least one very elaborate, well thought out puzzle (Have you ever tried any horseriding? Wait til you try riding a wild Zampf).

Also: some lack in depth of implementation and interactivity in the large and sprawling settings, as is to be expected in the oldschool tradition.

A classic storyline drives the game forward: Whereas Alaric was a run-down mercenary going on a quest that lead him to glory in Axe of Kolt, in this game Alaric is stranded after a shipwreck and has lost all his belongings. He must work his way through various obstacles and tasks toward his final goal, recovering the famed Fist of Fire.
Nothing new, but tried and trusted adventure fare.

Many NPCs, most still smelling of the cardboard they were cut out of, some more fleshed out. All do what they're supposed to do in a text-adventure such as this: drive the action forward with clues and gifts.

Many, many puzzles, most quite straightforward and not too big. And as mentioned, a great Zampftaming sequence to sink your Hero-teeth into.

All in all, the best of the three I have played so far. The evolution begun in Spectre of Castle Coris continues: tighter gameplay, clearer subgoals so less wandering about, more engaging story.

Not must, but certainly should-play.

A new version of the game will be appearing soon.

If you enjoyed Die Feuerfaust...

People who like Die Feuerfaust also gave high ratings to these games:

The Wand, by Arthur DiBianca
Explore the wizard Bartholloco's castle with the help of a versatile magic wand. Can you overcome his challenge? Can you levitate a rock? Can you slice a baltavakia? (Puzzle-oriented and family friendly.)

Pegasus, by Michael Kielstra
Pegasus: the best friend of a democracy and the worst enemy of a dictator. Their Agents safeguard the liberty of the people around the world. Trained by and armed with the best humanity has to offer, they would love to see themselves as...

Skies Above, by Arthur DiBianca
Play minigames to get your airship flying, tour the skies, and see what mischief is going on up there. Champion of the Skies: Sarah Adams

Die Feuerfaust appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Favorite IF Authors (represented by games) by Denk
This list does not include authors, where I have only played one of their games. Thus great games such as Anchorhead and Blue Lacuna are currently not included.

Best of ADRIFT 5 by Denk
The following games are in my opinion the best ADRIFT 5 games. The games I like most have been given the highest position, except for Larry Horsfield's games, which would have taken all places in top 5, if I had not distributed them...

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Denk on 22 November 2019 at 2:59am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item