La Noche del Ensayo.gblorb
Mapa (Map)
Mapa del juego / Map of the game.

La Noche del Ensayo

by Guillermo Crespi profile

Mystery

"La Noche del Ensayo" tiene sus raíces en los relatos de misterio con un grupo de extraños aislados en una lujosa casa donde algo sale muy mal. En este caso, sin embargo, no se trata de la aristocracia de los años 20 como en un cuento clásico de detectives, sino del elenco de una película, que se reúne en la actualidad a ensayar en una casa de campo. Y si bien habrá un crimen que los involucre, tu misión es que no se convierta en un asesinato...

"Rehearsal Night" has its roots in mystery stories with a group of strangers isolated inside a luxurious house, where something goes really wrong. In this case, however, it's not the 20's aristocracy like in classic detective stories, but the cast of a movie gathering to rehearse in a country house in the present. They will be involved in a crime, for sure, but your mission is to keep it from becoming a murder...

Language: Castilian (es-AR)
First Publication Date: August 19, 2014
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
IFID: F6B600BD-6AF9-4290-9B6F-E55242803202
TUID: mxkm4l4flvzhj1ih

Novel-length and suspenseful , August 22, 2019
by IFforL2 (Chiayi, Taiwan)
I began playing this much acclaimed (see caad.es) game a couple of years ago, and I come back to it from time to time when new inspiration dawns on me. I'm now in act three, and the end still seems far away. Unprepared to write a full review, I gave this master work a brief compliment on another website. To my surprise and delight, Guillermo Crespi responded with a gracious and humbling letter of thanks! So I must at least make the beginning of a review in English. He and this work deserve as much recognition as I can attract.

This novel-length work is written in Argentine dialect. It's suspenseful and difficult. It's also superbly implemented and delightful to read. The NPCS, props, streamlined movement system (i.e. "ir a galería") all demonstrate how much effort the author put into making this work user-friendly and deeply immersive. It includes an in-game hint system. However, 'Undo' is disabled, so save often.

I've needed to resort to the hints more than I've wanted to, and this is probably because I'm not a native Spanish speaker. Perhaps larger breadcrumbs in the story itself would ruin the puzzles for smarter readers than me. Nevertheless, this is one of those games where you can have a lot of fun toying with the puzzles before finally admitting defeat. For example, (Spoiler - click to show)I had a lot of fun figuring out how to interact with the dog. Still, I needed the hints to tell me what I actually needed to do with him.

If you enjoyed La Noche del Ensayo...

People who like La Noche del Ensayo also gave high ratings to these games:

Serie Minúscula, by Grendel Khan and Depresiv
Average member rating: (1 rating)
La luz allá a lo lejos revela la única salida posible para tí y tus hermanas, y poder escapar de éste frío intenso y aterrador, rodeadas de la más absoluta oscuridad. ¿Podréis escapar de aquí, de una vez por todas? ...

City of Secrets, by Emily Short

The Queen's Menagerie, by Chandler Groover
These beasts won't feed themselves. A puzzleless exhibition. Ten to fifteen minutes.

The following polls include votes for La Noche del Ensayo:

Spanish games by Fredrik
I really need to improve my rotten Spanish, and I can think of no better way to do it than by playing IF. But there are tons of games out there, so what to choose? In other words: Por favor, ¡dame los favoritos tuyos!

This is version 13 of this page, edited by IFforL2 on 3 June 2018 at 11:24pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item