Zombie Wizard of the Apocalypse, Episode 1

by Andrew Watt profile

Episode 1 of Zombie Wizard of the Apocalypse
Fantasy, sci-fi, humor

The first misadventure of an itinerant, undead wizard.

First Publication Date: June 1, 2014
License: Creative Commons
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
TUID: mje78iwbgeae356

Even Zombie Wizards Have Their Flaws, June 7, 2014
by Hanon Ondricek (United States)
You are the Zombie Wizard of the Apocalypse! (which should be accompanied by tweedleedeedly electric guitar riffs by a fifteen year-old) in this very short chapter of what is likely to be an epic tale of Wizardry and...zombie...ness.

Essentially this wants to be a raucous and bawdy deconstruction of the day to night "life" of a young lich (which at least in my definition is a zombie wizard). The writing is actually good and shows a spark of keen wit, but I kept having to back up and rewind every time the story would end by taking a choice that makes no more arbitrary sense than any other: a diarrhea spell should stop *any* approaching human guard in his tracks.

I'd suggest in further chapters that the number of "game over" dead ends be completely reduced or eliminated. (Spoiler - click to show)I'm a zombie lich king. If I want to walk through radioactive water and discover my remaining flesh is melting off, I should be able to deal with that. Instead of "game over" you offer a number of solutions and rejoin the main branch of the story. Right off the bat I'm given the option to "shave my beard". Apparently this is the connective tissue holding my body together because I died when I didn't stop. Your life meter would seem to be the pain state of a boil on your ass. No really.

So this is a brief introduction to a world that the author wishes to continue in a longer work. I like the idea of the every day life of a zombie wizard, but I'd like it *fleshed* out...as it were.

If you enjoyed Zombie Wizard of the Apocalypse, Episode 1...

People who like Zombie Wizard of the Apocalypse, Episode 1 also gave high ratings to these games:

The Hunt for the Gay Planet, by Anna Anthropy
You thought you were fluent at Galactic Basic, but no one seems to understand you when you say "I'm not interested in guys!" Your lasgun ends up having to do the talking for you. The number of star systems you've had to flee you can...

ULTRA BUSINESS TYCOON III, by Porpentine
Iíve finally finished porting and cracking an old edutainment game from the 90′s. Please enjoy.

Sex Cops of Tickle City, by Anna Anthropy
"Tickling. Not the tee-hee, giggle giggle kind, the stake you down and work you over til you explode kind. Til you're so overstimulated, so hypersensitized that every touch makes your skin scream, and you're begging me to touch you...

This is version 11 of this page, edited by Douggernaught on 2 July 2018 at 5:58pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item