Fuck That Noise!

by Shawn Trautman

Educational

Fuck That Noise, made in Twine for the One Game a Month challenge, is an interactive guide to deciding whether or not you should go to law school, and how to get there. Ok, really it is just a pissy little takedown of the whole process of applying for law school, but it takes the form of a guide.

TUID: mffvo2fax8o6cptl

Whiny and embittered with no real value, March 6, 2015
As someone who is working very hard at getting my J.D. in the US, I find this game nothing short of nasty and vengeful. As narrow in scope as it is in mind, it's not an accurate simulation by any means, and is more of a vent piece than anything else.

If you want to click through someone else's whining, then sure, by all means, play it.

If, however, you want to play a game, have any goals in life, have hope for yourself, don't fit into one of two categories (ignorant or materialistic), or don't want to put up with someone who talks like your whiniest drunk friend, leave it alone.

And yes, I'm also bitter with this game, and a bit whiny about it, but I'm also right.

Spoiler alert: this game has no good end.

Other spoiler alert: life might have a good end. If you keep trying.

The pains of becoming a law student in the US, March 5, 2015
by openmedi (Berlin, Germany)
Little game in form of a guide, that helps you decide, if you should go to law school or not. It shows how awful the application process is and even more so, it shows (at least it worked for me like that), how you're compelled to keep going after a certain point, because you made so many concessions, had so many expenses already. Four stars, because it's very linear and even though this was fully intended, I could see, how a little more interactivity would have made the agony of becoming a law student (even) more palpable.

If you enjoyed Fuck That Noise!...