Valand

by Ann Hoffmann

When you, a ten year old called Sam, fell into the ocean you expected to drown. Instead you find yourself on an island that's nothing like where you came from. The forests are vibrant, there's white sand beaches, and, well, there's magic.

You aren't the first child to be washed ashore on the island. Will you be the last?

First Publication Date: October 1, 2019
TUID: m8sgurfoyl1aidnn

61st Place - 25th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2019)

A not-quite-there game about a magical girl on an island, October 8, 2019
This Twine game places you in the position of a young witch-girl that gets marooned on an island with an interesting cast of characters.

The beginning of this young fantasy game is pretty promising, but the conflicts begin and end fairly quickly. I found the ending abrupt. In my playthrough, I (Spoiler - click to show)openly defied a powerful wizard with a tiger pet and just found a boat, and the game was over.

I found a passage that was completely blank ((Spoiler - click to show)offering to let Corbin live with you).

I think all of the issues could be addressed by increasing the game length and a little bit more beta testing.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by Sobol on 1 October 2019 at 7:05pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item