Windows, OS X, Linux executables

Don't Take It Personally, Babe, It Just Ain't Your Story

by Christine Love

Collegiate
2011

A spiritual sequel of sorts to Digital: A Love Story, set in a prestigious private high school, and on the social networks of 2027.

Seven students, three endings, one eavesdropping teacher. A full length visual novel about the erosion of privacy, gay drama, young sexuality, and the perils of modern online life for a high school literature class.

First Publication Date: April 4, 2011
Development System: Ren'Py
TUID: m17cnbw5854edbs5

Rock, Paper, Shotgun
Wot I Think: Donít Take It PersonallyÖ
While I canít help but feel itís a slightly lesser game than the starkly affecting anonymity of Digital, none of this undoes the powerful tragic-comic horror of watching young lives collapse and rebuild and collapse and rebuild. Itís happened to us all: errant crushes, unflinching belief that you know love, utter devastation following rejection, fear to act, the sick of thrill of knowledge you shouldnít haveÖ

Kill Screen
REVIEW: DONíT TAKE IT PERSONALLY, BABE, IT JUST AINíT YOUR STORY
Donít Take It Personally feels like the story of a life less guarded. Whether weíre interacting with students, peers, or authorities, that tension between openness and caution will always exist. As a writer who lives a significant portion of my life on social networks, itís a tension Iím extremely familiar with. Iím not a teacher. Iím not trying to get a classroom of students to feel comfortable with me, and also make good grades. But I took this game personally.

If you enjoyed Don't Take It Personally, Babe, It Just Ain't Your Story...

People who like Don't Take It Personally, Babe, It Just Ain't Your Story also gave high ratings to these games:

I-0, by Anonymous
Stranded on Interstate Zero after your car broke down, you are miles away from the last sign of civilization. It's twenty minutes to noon and the temperature is well over 120įF. It's beginning to look like you won't make it to your...

Foo Foo, by Buster Hudson
Someone's been bopping the field mice on the head, and only Good Fairy, Senior Detective can find out who. A parser-driven noir adventure based on the interactive fiction of Ryan Veeder.

Rameses, by Stephen Bond

This is version 1 of this page, edited by jakomo on 21 October 2017 at 2:33pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item