A Hypertext Night (philome.la)

A hypertext night

by chintokkong profile

An experimental puzzle investigating our mind's instinct to tell stories. What do you do when you are woken up in the middle of the night by some noise and you can't get back to sleep? Three possible ways to survive till morning - but can you find them?

(inspired by David T. Marchandís wonderful Twine: When Acting as a Wave)

First Publication Date: April 11, 2016
Forgiveness Rating: Cruel
TUID: m091vkip43f86m2

., May 30, 2016
This was a fun game but I remember myself either getting stuck in a loop or maybe just not figuring out how to get out of that loop.(I played this long ago.) But it's pretty fun for what it is. Based on my vague memory (I'm just cleaning through my wish list) this is a text game about a guy waking up in the middle of the night and you're supposed to click the links that will make him check out certain parts of the house and perform certain actions, like go to the bathroom. It does get a little suspenseful because you're clicking around doing these mundane things and waiting for something to happen.

If you enjoyed A hypertext night...

People who like A hypertext night also gave high ratings to these games:

Black Rock City, by Jim Munroe
You're at Burning Man, with six choices to make before the world goes white. Choose wisely. Or wildly. The dust storm won't care. Zero puzzles, sixty-four endings. Cover: Trish Lamanna

HIGH END CUSTOMIZABLE SAUNA EXPERIENCE, by Porpentine
designed last minute for a live performance played for a crowd while they shouted out decisions more info: http://aliendovecote.com/?p=4732

Composition in a Minor Key, by Aleks Samoylov
"Composition in a Minor Key" is a surreal interactive story about love, community, loneliness, etc. It boasts roughly 8000 words, and does not contain puzzles, action, or difficult moral choices. There is a small park to explore, seven...

This is version 7 of this page, edited by chintokkong on 13 April 2016 at 8:20pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item