The Lost Children (Adrift)
The ADRIFT version of "The Lost Children", by the same author
Requires an ADRIFT version 5 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links.
Play online
Play ADRIFT 5 version online.
ZX Spectrum version from 1997
Tape and snapshot images for Spectrum emulators.
Sinclair ZX Spectrum Application (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

The Lost Children

by Larry Horsfield

Episode 5 of The Adventures of Alaric Blackmoon
1997

You are Duke Alaric Blackmoon and since your return from the Marienburg Fortress (see "The Fortress of Fear"), you have settled down to a more peaceful life as Duke of the duchy of Charlton in the kingdom of Hecate.

Then, just as things had started to get a bit too routine and humdrum again, you start to get reports of strange goings-on in some of the more remote villages in Hecate - children between the ages of 11 and 15 have started to go missing at night, apparently kidnapped from their beds without a struggle.

You find that the children have been abducted and taken through a mystical portal to another part of the world.

Can you find the children and bring them home safely to their loved ones?

License: Former commercial

News

Expand all | Add a news item

Buy the right things, December 29, 2017
by Jim Turner (Ireland)
This is about the ADRIFT version. I have played other games in the Alaric Blackmoon series. This is good but not my favourite. Found I was going back to restored games a lot as I kept buying wrong things - you have limited money. Did like the VOCAB command which lists words understood - wish every game had this.

If you enjoyed The Lost Children...

People who like The Lost Children also gave high ratings to these games:

The Roscovian Palladium, by Ryan Veeder
Humans are constantly appropriating rat culture. King Roscoe thought to use this to his advantage.

Blue Lacuna, by Aaron A. Reed
You have always been different. One in a trillion have your gift, your curse: to move between worlds, never settling, always alone. To Wayfare. Yet there are others like you, and something stronger than coincidence binds you together,...

Zork I, by Marc Blank and Dave Lebling
Many strange tales have been told of the fabulous treasure, exotic creatures, and diabolical puzzles in the Great Underground Empire. As an aspiring adventurer, you will undoubtedly want to locate these treasures and deposit them in your...

The Lost Children appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Best of ADRIFT 5 by Denk
The following games are in my opinion the best ADRIFT 5 games. The games I like most have been given the highest position, except for Larry Horsfield's games, which would have taken all places in top 5, if I had not distributed them...

The following polls include votes for The Lost Children:

Trading and Buying Games by Emily Short
Games where a significant portion of the gameplay involves buying, selling, or trading items, especially if there are tactical advantages associated with different objects and the player has to decide which things to acquire for what...

Games with maps... by Xionix
I started playing Counterfeit Monkey, and I notice a good map is a way for us newbies to get into the game more easy. And I hate to draw so, are any other games that got a in-game map? It can be any genre.

Maintained Hall of Fame / High score list by Denk
Maintained Hall of Fame or high score list is a great idea. Let's list those games where a maintained hall of fame/high score list is accessible, either within the game or online.

This is version 5 of this page, edited by Denk on 9 February 2020 at 2:51am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item