Archive containing the 2 Dallas Quest disk images for the Apple II
Apple II Application (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

The Dallas Quest

by James Garon, Louella Lee Caraway, and Phyllis Wapner

Adaptation
1984

An adaptation of the TV series, handily employing implausible soap opera plot conventions as excuses for preposterous adventure game puzzles.

License: Commercial (Out of Print)
Development System: Custom
Forgiveness Rating: Cruel
IFID: ZCODE-22780-----JJ
TUID: lvk7gtt65lnc32k6

Early Games That Left Lasting Impressions, March 30, 2018
by Tristano (Italy)
I've played "The Dallas Quest" about 34 years ago, on my C64. I must have been around 13, yet it's one of the early IF games I remember more vividly well, at least there a particular scene toward the end of the game that stuck with me, most of the plot has faded away in my memory now.

We all have seen thousands of ads, played hundreds of games, yet there is always some ad that keeps popping up in our minds from the distant past, and some games that we remember most, despite the hundred of better games we've played after it. Why? Who knows...

I wasn't a fan of the Dallas show at all, but I remember enjoying this game a lot. I can't really say why this, of all games, survived stronger in my memory than others and I had played a lot of IF games even back then. If it's true that "time will tell" and that in all things the test of time is a proof by itself, then there must have been something special about this game that made it memorable to me.

A made for computer game, September 20, 2013
by theqbasicwizard (Leduc, Alberta)
Related reviews: dallas, tv show, game, whatnot
When I first played this game I was only a kid, a kid that actually watched Dallas. Now, I know what you are thinking and I thought it wasn't that bad of a show. When I was roaming the internet one summer day unsupervised, I came across this game, and well being a fan of the show decided to give it a go. Well though it is based on Dallas the show, I have to say it was quite well for the time it was released. Putting aside that the puzzles are kind of dull and though when you complete the game you can shrug off everything and walk away from the computer as if nothing had happened. I still have to say that I did enjoy this game for what it was trying to do. If you are a fan of the series and like games such as this, I'd recommend giving it a try.

If you enjoyed The Dallas Quest...

People who like The Dallas Quest also gave high ratings to these games:

9:05, by Adam Cadre
The phone rings. Oh, no how long have you been asleep? Sure, it was a tough night, but... This is bad. This is very bad. The phone rings.

Strange Geometries, by Phillip Chambers

PataNoir, by Simon Christiansen
The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.

The following polls include votes for The Dallas Quest:

Games with graphics and/or sound by eyesack
I couldn't find an easy way to search for this, so I figured I'd ask the hivemind: What games use graphics and/or sound to enhance the gameplay, similar to City of Secrets and Necrotic Drift?

This is version 4 of this page, last edited on 16 August 2011 at 5:18pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item