Pumpkin Night

First Publication Date: October 31, 2018
Development System: Ink
TUID: lrmlbeaknze8nwr7

Entrant, Le Grand Guignol - EctoComp 2018

A novella-length game about a crew of teenagers and a haunted town, November 5, 2018
This game combines dating game-type choices with complex static storytelling to form a rich interactive game.

You go to a Halloween party, and a lot of people are there. A supernatural event puts the whole town in danger, and you have a group of 8 people you can interact with, including multiple romantic partners.

Most of the choices relate to how you treat people. It doesn't track perfectly, though...I picked constantly to have favorable interactions with one character (Zachary) and twice with another (Ione) and received romantic possibilities only with Ione.

Very impressive. The title and cover art led me to believe it would be a short and under-implemented parser game. Instead, it was a rich and polished novella.

The font was a light grey that was a bit difficult to read, as a warning to the visually impaired.

If you enjoyed Pumpkin Night...

People who like Pumpkin Night also gave high ratings to these games:

The Northnorth Passage., by Caleb Wilson (as Snowball Ice)
Oh no, the old family curse has flared up! This is a short story about limits to action.

Dungeon Detective 2: Devils and Details, by Wonaglot
The life of the world's first Dungeon Detective isn't exactly glamorous. You've spent many nights hungry, sleeping in the woods. But word is getting out, and the newest case has showed up at the foot of your bed in the first room you've...

Gone Out For Gruyere, by B F Lindsay
"Just TRY getting me out of the way! HA HA HA!!" chortled the giant wheel of cheese, diminishingly.

Pumpkin Night appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games (All English Winners/Entries) by thecanvasrose

This is version 1 of this page, edited by MathBrush on 5 November 2018 at 12:39am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item