Pumpkin Night

First Publication Date: October 31, 2018
Development System: Ink
TUID: lrmlbeaknze8nwr7

Entrant, Le Grand Guignol - EctoComp 2018

A novella-length game about a crew of teenagers and a haunted town, November 5, 2018
This game combines dating game-type choices with complex static storytelling to form a rich interactive game.

You go to a Halloween party, and a lot of people are there. A supernatural event puts the whole town in danger, and you have a group of 8 people you can interact with, including multiple romantic partners.

Most of the choices relate to how you treat people. It doesn't track perfectly, though...I picked constantly to have favorable interactions with one character (Zachary) and twice with another (Ione) and received romantic possibilities only with Ione.

Very impressive. The title and cover art led me to believe it would be a short and under-implemented parser game. Instead, it was a rich and polished novella.

The font was a light grey that was a bit difficult to read, as a warning to the visually impaired.

If you enjoyed Pumpkin Night...

People who like Pumpkin Night also gave high ratings to these games:

Each-uisge, by Jac Colvin
There is an old adage: When you hear hoofbeats, think horses. However that particular piece of advice does not always hold true.

Si j'avais su..., by Eve Mercé
Le royaume d’Embaumie est en deuil, sa reine bien-aimée vient de mourir. Elle avait tout de même régné cinq ans. Ce qui est un exploit dans ce pays ! C’est votre tour désormais de monter sur le trône, saurez-vous relever le défi et...

Bell Park, Youth Detective, by Brendan Patrick Hennessy
A headstrong twelve-year-old detective gets in over her head when she's hired to solve a murder mystery at an internet technology conference.

Pumpkin Night appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games (All English Winners/Entries) by thecanvasrose

This is version 1 of this page, edited by MathBrush on 5 November 2018 at 12:39am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item