Bi Lines

by Naomi Z (as Norbez) profile

Urban Fantasy

So what if you're unsure? What if you're falling apart?

Forget about yourself and worry about them.

That's what she'd want.

(Note: This game poured out of me during the Brett Kavanaugh hearings in America, and the discussion of sexual assault surrounding it. I am very interested in how players like you will respond to this. Please don't hesitate to contact me with your thoughts.)

First Publication Date: October 1, 2018
TUID: li6y50hgqwogkelv

34th Place (tie) - 24th Annual Interactive Fiction Competition (2018)

A shortish, nice-looking Twine game about bisexuality, January 6, 2019
Norbez has written quite a few games over the years now, including several IFComp games, and itís clear that their style is progressing, adapting, and improving. This is the best Norbez game Iíve seen, and definitely one of the best ďPSAĒ games Iíve seen. Just like Depression Quest for depression or Hana Feels for self-harm, Bi Lines is meant to help you consider what itís like to be a bisexual man in an unacceptably society.

What made this piece work for me was the presentation. Nice chalk/like effects when you click on choices, smooth writing, and a supernatural setting with a reporter talking to ghosts make an excellent frame over the deeper charcterization choices and the central narrative.

This game takes place over three days, but is still fairly short. It contains some strong profanity in a scene or two. I recommend this game.

If you enjoyed Bi Lines...

People who like Bi Lines also gave high ratings to these games:

Kaged, by Ian Finley
""But my madness speaks: It will but skin and film the ulcerous place, Whilst rank corruption, mining all within, Infects unseen." Welcome to the Citadel of Justice. The Inquisitor is waiting." [--blurb from Competition Aught-Zero]

Inside Woman, by Andy Phillips
Utopia Technologies. Industrial giant, economic powerhouse, the world's greatest scientific superpower, and the organisation most responsible for eroding civil liberties and personal freedoms. They're an all-powerful capitalist...

The Lost Islands of Alabaz, by Michael Gentry
Once upon a time, our Kingdom was much larger than it is now, reaching across all ten islands of the Alabaz Archipelago. But then a terrible curse fell upon us. A thick, gray mist covered the sea, hiding each island from the others,...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Doug Orleans on 18 November 2018 at 9:10pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item