Download the Album
This is a pseudo-format used to represent download adviser records that apply to multiple formats. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

The Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight)

by Jason B. Alonso, Catherine Havasi, and Val Grimm

Episode 8 of Apollo 18 Tribute Album
Surreal
2012

First Publication Date: March 26, 2012
IFID: 698D7CE4-451B-11E1-A558-00216A6CD120
TUID: kthdccxtld9agum2

A short, buggy story about a lion commanding a spaceship, February 15, 2016
This game is built up directly out of the lyrics of the corresponding They might be giants song.

In this game, you alternate between a lion man in charge of a space ship and a kids' garage band.

The game is very buggy, with typos in procedurally generated text. It is often confusing knowing what to do, the hints are not really hints, and the consoles in the spaceship do not give hints on what to do.

For me, much of the gameplay was waiting until the game prompted me on what to do.

I enjoyed the game's story, which is why I gave it a star (I know you can't give 0 stars on ifdb, but if you could, I would not have done it). But it's unpolished and didn't really affect me.

I feel like a lot of this could be improved if one of the authors went back and patched things up.

The Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight) on IFDB

The Guitar (The Lion Sleeps Tonight) appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Apollo 18+20 by Teaspoon
Interactive fiction games, with one game per track on the album Apollo 18 by They Might Be Giants. The regular tracks are generally short games. The Fingertips tracks are one-move games (however the authors interpreted that). The games...

This is version 3 of this page, edited by Zape on 17 June 2019 at 5:35pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item