SpeedIF_Neologism.zip
Contains SpeedIF_Neologism/nbh_neologism.zblorb
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Z-Machine Interpreter with Blorb support - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Define Far

by N. B. Horvath

Surreal
2006

IFID: C5E174CB-23D8-42A2-A9D7-A957064D2D09
TUID: ki5pi6jdn5wvq2uq

Not Worth Playing!, October 24, 2013
by Tristano (Italy)
Surely it is a speedy IF — took about 3 minutes (40 odd turns) to complete.

But fun? Not at all. There is no story, just a bunch of poorly described rooms of abstract nature. Can't even say there are puzzles in the game: you just move around, examine the very few items you stumble upon and then, by chance (ie: if you carry out in the right place one of the very few actions you can actually accomplish) the solution presents itself to you — out of the blue.

It isn't clear to me what was the intention behind this game — all I can think of is a mere exercise in code. And even now, after having «won» I'm left asking myself: what have I won? There was no challenge in the game, nor was the prose stimulating in any way.

This is version 3 of this page, edited by onyx on 5 February 2008 at 12:44pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item