bomber.z5

The Mad Bomber

by Neil James Brown

Non-IF game
1997

A recreation of the old "Bombers" game, where you have to bomb a city into ashes to be able to land safely.
[--blurb from The Z-Files Catalogue]

IFID: ZCODE-3-971123-CAAD
TUID: kbcjvrtghsw57ldp

Another Inform videogame. This one's a relative of Canyon Bomber, except that the bombs don't have any horizontal momentum, which makes it kind of easy.

-- Carl Muckenhoupt

If you enjoyed The Mad Bomber...

People who like The Mad Bomber also gave high ratings to these games:

The Elysium Enigma, by Eric Eve
It was meant to be a routine visit on behalf of the imperial government, just to remind the settlers that the Empire hadn't forgotten them, and if you stick rigidly to the letter of your orders and refuse to use either your eyes or your...

Hoosegow, by Ben Collins-Sussman, Jack Welch
Muddy's plan done landed you and your partner in the hoosegow. Now you're fixing to rectificate the matter before the marshal introduces you to the business end of a hangin' rope at dawn. Created for the JayIsGames Casual Game Play...

The Blind House, by Amanda Allen
I scarcely know the woman at my side. I don't even know why she was the one I turned to. I can only hope that we haven't been followed, that she won't ask too many questions. The only choice left to me now is to trust her.

The Mad Bomber appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Abuses of the IF engine by mjhayes
Although various interpreters were written to facilitate play and creation of interactive stories, it should be obvious that some people would find ways to write computer games using the various aspects of the interpreters.

This is version 2 of this page, edited by David Welbourn on 11 March 2008 at 5:48pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item