Story file
coloromc.z5
Adrift file
InsideADRIFT #41
Contains coloromc.taf
In which it is featured.
Requires an ADRIFT version 5 interpreter. Visit the ADRIFT site for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)
Walkthrough and map
by David Welbourn

Color of Milk Coffee

by Bahri Gordebak

Slice of life
2012

In this extremely short story, you play as someone sitting on a balcony, drinking milk coffee, and waiting. You don't know what you're waiting for, but you're certain that if you wait long enough, something will change and you'll know it.

First Publication Date: January 11, 2012
IFID: 47C08D16-3BD6-11E1-8676-00268255145A
TUID: ka11wj4yszn1evvo

Defined by inactivity, December 10, 2013
by Simon Deimel (Germany)
I can hardly rate this, because it is a flash fiction, so supposed to be short, and the main idea is not that bad. I understand that this is a kind of miniature interactive fiction, but some more actions and implementations should be there. I mean, the title of the game lets the milk coffee become an object of the scene, the room description mentions milk coffee, so I examine the milk coffee -- but no, I cannot see any such a thing! There is hardly any interactivity because the game/story consists of inactivity.

I wonder if I.F. is publishable?, January 18, 2012
by DB (Chicago, IL)
Interesting static fiction (there's really no use of interactivity in it), but the ending is wrong in my opinion. (Spoiler - click to show)The retreat back inward, back into the source of the player character's stasis, should have been overturned in the final action.

Still, work like this makes me wonder what a stat fic publisher's reaction would be to receiving an IF transcript as a submission. Has anyone tried this?

Color of Milk Coffee on IFDB

Color of Milk Coffee appears in the following Recommended Lists:

My new walkthroughs for March 2019 by David Welbourn
On Monday, March 26, 2019, I published new walkthroughs for the games listed below! Some of these were paid for by my wonderful patrons at Patreon. Please consider supporting me to make even more new walkthroughs for works of interactive...

This is version 11 of this page, edited by Richard Otter on 7 April 2019 at 9:57am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item