Ectocomp 2015
Contains ECTOCOMP_2015/Le Grand Guignol/Nine Lives.zblorb
For all systems. To play, you'll need a Z-Machine Interpreter with Blorb support - visit Brass Lantern for download links. (Compressed with ZIP. Free Unzip tools are available for most systems at www.info-zip.org.)

Nine Lives

by Merlin Fisher

Horror/Humor

Le Grand Guignol entry in ECTOCOMP 2015.

First Publication Date: October 31, 2015
TUID: k3hdjj6vo9y17ytf

3rd Place, Le Grand Guignol - EctoComp 2015

An ectocomp game about a cat and their nine lives, February 3, 2016
In this shortish parser game, you play a cat in a house with all sort of goofy horrors, anyone of which can destroy you. It turns out that you have nine lives, and need to use them all up.

There are many different ways to go here, from simple deaths to magical and obscure.

This game was intended for the 3 hour comp, but grew and grew, so it was entered in the longer competition.

I found it to be fun for a quick play. Multiple solutions help as well. Good for those looking for a short, humorous game.

If you enjoyed Nine Lives...

People who like Nine Lives also gave high ratings to these games:

All Things Devours, by half sick of shadows
From the game's about command: "All Things Devours is a short piece of interactive fiction, leaning strongly towards the text-adventure end of the spectrum. It explores an all-too-familiar science fiction paradigm in what I hope is a...

Taco Fiction, by Ryan Veeder
Taco Fiction is a game about crime.

Psychomanteum, by Hanon Ondricek
Every year your friend hosts a Halloween party where guests are expected to complete three dares. This is the third. A Grand Guignol entry for ECTOCOMP 2016.

Nine Lives appears in the following Recommended Lists:

Ectocomp Games (All English Winners/Entries) by thecanvasrose

The following polls include votes for Nine Lives:

This is version 2 of this page, edited by RavenWorks on 15 October 2018 at 1:28pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item