Tower of the Blood Lord

by michael lutz

I’ve made a twine game called The Tower of the Blood Lord, which is based on the time I played the first twenty minutes of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

First Publication Date: May 29, 2013
TUID: j9e6cd2cyujg77xd

Games That Exist
Bullets and Blood Lords
The reviewer says: "I recommend playing this before reading. Much of what makes this game effective is communicated through a series of pleasant surprises, and I would hate to spoil any of them."

A long twine game about gaming culture with pacing issues , February 10, 2016
Michael Lutz is one of the best Twine authors, with My Father's Long Long Legs and The Uncle that works for Nintendo. This game shares the excellent visual effects and tight writing of the original.

You play a character in an FPS, with a joystick simulate by "press A", and so on. You can play through a scenario multiple times, then enter a bizarre multiplayer game. Eventually, you enter a completely new scenario involving the bloodlord, whom you confront.

All of this gets supremely tedious; the repetition at the beginning, the final battle with pages and pages of texts, the slowly animated denouement. I lost interest multiple times, but played through out of curiosity. It makes some good points about gaming culture, though.

Contains strong profanity.

If you enjoyed Tower of the Blood Lord...

People who like Tower of the Blood Lord also gave high ratings to these games:

The Lurking Horror II: The Lurkening, by Ryan Veeder
An unauthorized sequel to the Infocom classic, written for the 2018 MIT Mystery Hunt.

Bullhockey!, by Bill F Lindsay (as B F Lindsay)
Your girlfriend has left you, leaving disturbing notes. And she--oops--lost your laundry. In various places. Around town. You can't have her back. But you can try to get your laundry.

Tethered, by Linus Åkesson
"I do not know whether I was then a man dreaming I was a butterfly, or whether I am now a butterfly, dreaming I am a man."...

This is version 4 of this page, edited by Autymn D. C. on 21 December 2017 at 10:31am. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item