Sim Political Career

Sim Political Career

by Squirrel

Educational
2010

Ever fancied yourself as a politician? Think you can make it from a 10-year old tuck shop supervisor to being a local councillor, a Member of the European Parliament, a Member of Parliament or even Prime Minister? If so, this is the game for you!

Sim Political Career is the first game I have ever written, with Quest or any other game tool. It has taken hours of frustration, tedium and wanting to pull my hair out, but for all that has been a labour of love. It has obvious limitations and one day I hope to produce something much better, but if it can succeed in wasting 30 minutes of somebody's life, keeping them reasonably entertained, then I will be very happy. All feedback, appreciative or critical (though hopefully not murderous!) gratefully received.

First Publication Date: May 26, 2010
Development System: quest
IFID: 3177035281CB20A182BE19EC6B30E640
TUID: j7oe6fq0euvnbum

Really nice idea, but..., February 5, 2015
I really like this idea. I like how people are using Quest to make more imaginative games. However, the game runs on a timer independent of your decisions and it's way too fast.

When the game's asking you to make tactical decisions you are sometimes left with less than 1 second to read a paragraph before it starts scrolling upward as the game continues oblivious. It meant that I'd be reading some text, then a load more text would be dumped on the screen and a big text box would pop up asking me YES/NO, and I'd try to move it out of the way to find out what it's asking me to decide on, but too late - the text has already scrolled away.

I think there's the seed of a brilliant idea here. All it needs is some tweaking, maybe the timer could be made a bit slower?

This is version 3 of this page, edited by textadventures.co.uk robot on 24 January 2013 at 12:29pm. - View Update History - Edit This Page - Add a News Item