The Volunteer Firefighter

by Stefanie Handshaw

Slice of life

An action-packed multiple-choice firefighting game, filled with humor, heartache, adventure, and romance! Fight fires! Save lives! Do you have what it takes to be a hero?

Current Version: 1.0.1
License: Commercial
Development System: ChoiceScript
TUID: j2de69i6w8xqmvzp

Good, August 5, 2018
by Sobol (Russia)
On the first playthrough, I was having fun and experimenting and enacting a fireman fantasy. Then I died. Then I thought about the game for a while, replayed it and adjusted my rating up a star.

The Volunteer Firefighter is probably the most realistic ChoiceScript game I've played. It's set in our present world; the events and characters described are much more mundane than, say, in SLAMMED!; there's very little of extraordinary, over-the-top; no striking plot twists, no clever narrative tricks; you don't even have a chance to do many "heroic" deeds. It's a simple and honest game and it has some simple truths to remind you of.

Great IF story with a ton of realism!, July 29, 2015
by Actaeon
Related reviews: firefighter
I've been a fan of interactive fiction for years and also a veteran firefighter. The Volunteer Firefighter was exciting and well researched by the author and kept my attention on multiple playthroughs. Even though the story is primarily about your character's firefighting career, I was pleased to see quite a good emphasis on other aspects of a Volunteer Firefighter's life, including romance and careers. The author did a great job capturing this very complex slice of life in its multiple dimensions. Highly recommend!

If you enjoyed The Volunteer Firefighter...