Avialable in z8, ULX, and gblorb, as well as on the web.
Z8 Story file
Walkthrough and map
by David Welbourn

Please Help Me

by Phillip J Rhoades

Help the person on the other end of the machine get free.

You find a small black box with a keyboard and a little screen buzzing and flashing at you. When you pick it up, you see the numbers "1979" scratched into the black plastic. You also see a message printed out on its screen.

First Publication Date: September 20, 2018
Forgiveness Rating: Tough
IFID: BD5E1D1A-BD19-11E8-91AE-64006A3B60E7
TUID: ilxp70lxcl9m9y00

Entrant, Le Grand Guignol - EctoComp 2018

News

Expand all | Add a news item

A promising first entry in the Ectocomp competition, November 4, 2018
This is the second Ectocomp game I've played by howtophil, and I have to say that it's not as good as his other, and I actually think that's a compliment.

This current game was, as far as I know, the author's first completed work. I remember testing it in the forums. It implements several clever ideas/puzzles, one puzzle in each of four rooms.

However, it sort of attempts too much at once, not leaving enough time and space for careful implementation.

The author's second game in this competition, Wake Up, was written in less time but with more skill. It had a narrow focus, excellent implementation, and a great overall structure. It's clear the author is learning by leaps and bounds.

So I can't strongly recommend this game, but I can recommend Wake Up, and I believe the next games to come from this author will continue to increase in quality.

If you enjoyed Please Help Me...